The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun pictures with Oly, Sony, Sigma, Pentax and all the Others

Brian Mosley

From a windy hillside this morning, handheld...

Panasonic G1 + 14-45mm OIS kit lens
1/250s f/8.0 at 45.0mm iso100

Kind Regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

Thanks Riley, it's always nice to get *out* of the big city! ;)

and thanks Lily, I can't wait to get the 9-18 on this thing!

Kind Regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

And another from the same outing...

1/160s f/8.0 at 33.0mm iso100

Sorry, there seems to be a problem with linked images from pbase - the image above is much softer than that posted.

Kind Regards

Brian

clay stewart

Nice shots Brian, make me want one of those G1's. Sadly, I have to make do with my little 420. With the 11-22.

Last edited:

gromitspapa

Picked up a DP1 on eBay yesterday. It's a little wonky, but I'll take that for the IQ. The files seem to have a lot of meat to them and respond well to PP. These are all heavily monkeyed with, except the one at Peet's is straight out of the camera except a little brightening of the Peet's sign at the top.

Brian Mosley

Some lovely DP1 shots there - you've got the reds just right too. Well Done.

My favourites are the dog portrait and with the girl... really nice.

Have you updated your firmware to version 2? the zoom buttons can be configured as 2 custom functions (very useful) - we're still waiting for better controls for manual focusing though.

Thanks for sharing

Kind Regards

Brian

gromitspapa

Thanks, Brian! I just got the camera off eBay a few days ago and wanted to make sure it works properly before updating the firmware. This one came with a Voigtlander viewfinder, which I think will not only be handy, but often a necessity.

K

kelvin

My neighbor, thru the window of my house. Taken with Olympus E520, 50-200mm.