The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun pictures with Oly, Sony, Sigma, Pentax and all the Others

Brian Mosley

Panasonic G1 + 4/3rds Adapter + Legacy Prime = Heaven :angel:

G1 + 4/3rds Adapter + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/250s f/1.4 iso100

Kind Regards

Brian

jonoslack

Panasonic G1 + 4/3rds Adapter + Legacy Prime = Heaven :angel:

G1 + 4/3rds Adapter + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/250s f/1.4 iso100

Kind Regards

Brian
Excellent Brian
my resistance is weakening by the minute.
How is the focusing?
How do you do the aperture (do you have to stop down manually)

Brian Mosley

Thanks Jono,

the focusing is pretty good - selecting the magnified view is a case of pressing the little left arrow followed by the OK button... the magnified view times out after 8 secs, or until you half press the shutter release button.

The LVF gains up, so you can still frame perfectly well - the display refresh just slows down a little.

All in all, it's the best option for manual focusing at the moment...

As an aside, there's less vibration on shutter release, so you can hand hold to a lower speed I think.

Kind Regards

Brian

Martin S

Brian

Does the Hexanon fit directly on the 4/3 adapter?? Is no other adapter necessary??

How hard is it to focus?? At the time of exposure do you stop down the lens (in aperture priority) and watch the shutter speed to know when to stop adjusting??

Martin

Brian Mosley

Hi Martin,

I've converted my Hexanon lenses to 4/3rds mount following this method, by Pete Snaar.

You can shoot in a variety of modes with legacy lenses, Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, various scene modes (like indoor sports etc)... it's pretty robust in how it handles shooting.

If you press the 'Quick Menu' button, you can get access to ISO, WB, a variety of parameters in the LVF - it's damned good imho... definitely the future for me.

Kind Regards

Brian

jonoslack

Snow In England in November?
surely not?

This is home:

The big question is? do made people live here:

you decide (look at those toes)(the shed behind is at 90C).

All take with the A900 and the Zeiss 24-70

Last edited: