The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun pictures with Oly, Sony, Sigma, Pentax and all the Others

M

meilicke

gromitspapa, I love the poodle shot. I was drawn in by them, as I have a 4 month old std poodle, but really found myself going back for the rest of the picture. All of those diagonal lines kept me moving around.

Scott

bensonga

Thanks, Gary! Yeah, that's my scoot. Is that your candy cane?
Great taste in Beemers you have there!

No, I only wish the red/silver 1200S was mine. I really had to restrain myself from drooling all over it....especially as it was outfitted with very sharp looking set of Akropovic cans. I saw this bike in 2007 at the Sportbike Northwest Rally in Stevenson, Washington...right there along the Columbia River. We had a great time and met a lot of interesting folks.

My good friend and riding buddy was on this 1100S Boxer Cup Replica. I was fortunate to ride it several times and really enjoyed it. Not as sporty as your 1200S, but alot of fun nonetheless.

Only 4 months before riding season begins again here (hopefully)!

Gary
This photo also taken with the G2

bensonga

Speaking of scoots, here's mine shot with the DP1. Can't wait to get riding again!
Cheers,
Very cool Simon! An MP3, is that right? I've only seen one up here in Alaska. Must be a real hoot to ride. Did the two wheels up front require much getting used to?

Yes, I'm really looking forward to summer also. My wife and I have four motorcycles each up here in Alaska and two down in Washington state. Frankly, riding in Washington and Oregon beats anything we have up here by a long shot, at least for the kind of riding I like to do.

Here are a couple of pics from our trip along the Columbia River in 2007. The Rowena Loop Overlook near The Dalles, Oregon and my lowly Kawasaki ZR-7S (2001, Big-K air-cooled 750cc inline four...yeah it's old technology, but for a bike I only get to ride once or twice a year, it does the job pretty well).

Once again, with the Canon G2.

Gary

bensonga

I mentioned in another thread how much I liked yellow motorcycles......here's one of my favorites. A yellow (the fastest color) 2000 Honda VFR800 (I own a red 1998 model). This bike belongs to another good friend of mine who lives in Oregon. He kindly let me ride it on a two week trip we took thru Oregon, Idaho and Washington in 2006. After that trip....I knew I had to keep a bike in the Pacific Northwest and get down there as often as possible to go riding!

This was a hot, sunny day in eastern Oregon. Temp about 90+ degrees, as I recall....man I loved it! :)

Photo taken with....you guessed it, the G2.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Last edited:

simonclivehughes

Very cool Simon! An MP3, is that right? I've only seen one up here in Alaska. Must be a real hoot to ride. Did the two wheels up front require much getting used to?
Gary
Gary,

Yes, it is indeed the Piaggio MP3, just a 250cc, but it's all I need for short commuting and having fun on the weekends. As you say, it's a hoot to ride. It handles exactly like a two-wheeler other than having the extra stability and stopping power. The parallelogram suspension allow it to lean up to 40 degrees, just like a regular bike, so it's a blast in the twisties! It's pretty cool to weave back and forth across streetcar tracks and the front wheels just "step" over them... totally stable.

I should be riding in a couple of weeks again hopefully. I'd hate to have to wait another four months!

BTW, if it had come in yellow, I'd have one!

Ciao,

bensonga

You can ride year-round. C'mon...
Ha! Not me I'm afraid, no thanks. I've been caught in the snow on my BMW F650 and even with those dual sport tires, it was challenging, to say the least. I don't know how you kept that 1200S upright in that weather!

There are a few diehards who ride all year long up here. Mostly on Ural 2-wheel drive side car rigs, but I friend of mine with a KLR650 and studded tires does it too.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420045

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Slippery, muddy roads....that I can handle. Snow and ice is a whole different ball game!
In Chicken, Alaska...on the road back from Dawson City, Yukon.

Last edited:

bensonga

Figure I'd better post a legit photo for this Oly, Sony, Pentax etc thread before I get in trouble. :)

Here's one of my favorites taken by a friend with a Sony DSC-F828 (used with his permission). I printed this photo for him recently for a digital color print exchange that I'm coordinating. It looks great printed on glossy paper. Wonderful reflections.

Taken at the marina in Port Orchard, Washington.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

gromitspapa

Ha! Not me I'm afraid, no thanks. I've been caught in the snow on my BMW F650 and even with those dual sport tires, it was challenging, to say the least. I don't know how you kept that 1200S upright in that weather!
Don't worry- that was just a gag photo. I almost dropped the bike riding it out to the end of the driveway to take the picture.

helenhill

Lovely...A Beautiful Silhouette

Quite Impressive for a lens that gets no respect
(such silly rubbish the dissing of lenses)
Actually thats just the way I love B&W /very contrasty

The Magic lies in the Eye & Hand of the Photographer :clap:

Last edited:

cam

thank you, Helen!

Quite Impressive for a lens that gets no respect
(such silly rubbish the dissing of lenses)
i so agree with you! i am falling in love with some of these old lenses. the details you can pull ot of the shadows are swesome! (i chose to pull them back in this photo because that's what i saw.) this doesn't show how sharp it can get (which is plenty for me, thank you) because of camera shake. but i think it shows not to listen to the so-called experts all the time, go with your gut!

btw, have you tried a 135 on the Epson? it's an absolute hoot! about the size of the focus patch :ROTFL: (i'm getting a TEWE zoom finder for the 75 Lux which would also work for this, but i don't know if i'll bother.) this lens is thought to be so bad that it can be found for a song. highly recommended!

jonoslack

HI Cam
I'm not sure that the pictures says much about the lens . . but it's a lovely photo none the less.

cam

I'm not sure that the pictures says much about the lens . . but it's a lovely photo none the less.
no, it doesn't. which is why i didn't put it in the thread that you and Guy so kindly responded to....

for you, Jono, two little ones from the Sonnar you conned me into getting ;)