The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun pictures with Oly, Sony, Sigma, Pentax and all the Others

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I thought I would start a new picture thread for all of us "Others".:ROTFL:

I'm just new to Olympus, so here is one with my E3 and 12-60 SWD in the Badlands of South Dakota this week.

clay stewart

Nice shots everyone. Here's a few from the E420 and 11-22 on the first and 25 2.8 on the last two.

Last edited:

Riley

From the Lobethal Grand Prix re-enactment around the streets of the Adelaide Hills
MG TC racer: E3 1/320th F5

MG racer gets a little attention pre race: E3, 1/160th F4.5

Morgan 3 wheeler puts a move on T Model Ford and makes it stick: E3, 1/640 F4

jonoslack

Excellent idea Cindy

Morgan 3 wheeler puts a move on T Model Ford and makes it stick:
:ROTFL: and I love the red MG shot as well!

This chap was found on a post in the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere. Why is the big question?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Joe, I love the tones from that Sony.

Simon, Lovely muted tones from the DPI.

Clay, All three photos put a smile on my face.

Riley, I love your POV in the MG photo. Excellent! I'm curious about what lens you used on the E3?

Jono, LOL, What do you think the furry bunny story is???

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great idea Cindy. The more the merrier, let'em rip. Now i can actually get involved in this. LOL

Riley

thanks Cindy, the 11-22 is just about welded onto this thing
I have a few similar files

here mom is making sure dad wears something warm for the race

supercharged MG special, crash gearbox, full aero screens

clay stewart

Thanks Cindy, by the way, I was up in South Dakota last week as well. Both with the 25 pancake on the 420

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Clay,
I love both of those.
South Dakota and Wyoming have some wonderful old homestead scenes, but I sometimes have trouble getting my driver to stop for photo ops. :ROTFL:

M

moggi1964

Excellent idea Cindy

:ROTFL: and I love the red MG shot as well!

This chap was found on a post in the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere. Why is the big question?

That rabbit is holding on to that pole because it knows that if it lets go it will drop to the centre of the earth and trigger Doomsday :eek:

It's a little known fact but true; cross my heart and ......:angel:

I took a few fun pics with my E420 and my totally new 50-200 at the weekend but haven't converted them from RAW yet. I will of course post one or two shortly.

Seeing all the above I clearly have lots to learn; good place to start though isn't it.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
moggi1964, Welcome. I'm looking forward to your photos from your new lens.

This one is from late this afternoon in the Red Canyon, Utah. We are headed for Bryce Canon and Zion tomorrow.
Oly E3 and 12-60SWD

M

moggi1964

Okay, so my wife just completed the Susan G. Komen 3 Day 60 miles walk in Philly (her second) and I went along to cheer and take pictures.

Here is a sample of the 270 I took. I hope I got the scaling right. These are conversions from the RAW and no post-processing has been done. All shot using the 50-200mm Olympus SWD:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Moggi1964-
Congratulations to your wife for this accomplishment and congratulations to you on these photos.:thumbs: You really captured the moment.

A

asabet

Beautiful, Cindy! Looking forward to seeing more from your trip.

jonoslack

Moggi1964-
Congratulations to your wife for this accomplishment and congratulations to you on these photos.:thumbs: You really captured the moment.
I'll second that emotion - great pictures GREAT cause, and a very big welcome to this good forum.

but do we really have to call you Moggi1964?

jonoslack

That rabbit is holding on to that pole because it knows that if it lets go it will drop to the centre of the earth and trigger Doomsday :eek:
Phew - lucky I didn't knock it off it's post!

It's a little known fact but true; cross my heart and ......:angel:
I wouldn't disbelieve you for a second :p
I took a few fun pics with my E420 and my totally new 50-200 at the weekend but haven't converted them from RAW yet. I will of course post one or two shortly.

Seeing all the above I clearly have lots to learn; good place to start though isn't it.
Well, getting that lens was a good place to start - it's a lovely lens, sharp at all apertures and all focal lengths.

Congratulations!