Site Sponsors
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Lol, actually Rich, you have a good portrait there and it looks well controlled! Obviously a detailed camera for sure, but nothing approaching what I saw! Actually we were well covered that day, with an OMD and Nikon D5100, but wanted to see how the DP2M would handle!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

For the time being my color settings in ACR for the DP2m files are Margenta -34 and green -8
    It takes care of most of the margenta in he whole image. The corners still would need some more. I used these settings also in the recent harbour picture in which you still can see a little margenta in the left upper corner.

This rather surrealistic MF shot, 2 times through glass, is from today at the fair. Most shots I did with the NEX-7 with a Canon fd 50/4. I will post some later in the NEX-7 thread. Different colors and different sharpness.

Michiel

Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My DP2 Merrill arrived the other day, took it out for a few quick snaps but nothing worth posting here. I have a couple questions. I don't see a NR setting in camera, is that only done in post ie SPP? I remember the old saying, It's better to keep quiet and have people think you're and idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt , but here it goes anyway. When you folks talk about exposing for shadows, are you doing that by adjusting the exposure comp +.3 - +.7 ?

Thanks,
    John
    I Sing The Camera Electric....
    Ricoh GR
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/j9fingers/

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what i do, most of the time +0.7 dialed in. If you can, a custom WB is preferred as well.
    Werner

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I used the DP1M today walking in the park, but didn't check my camera settings. Discovered later that somehow my size setting was at "medium", instead of "high". I shot RAW only, but still could not get back to full size processing in SPP. Oh well, here is one shot from the trip, but NO full size version because of my screwup.

Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W.Utsch View Post
    Exactly what i do, most of the time +0.7 dialed in. If you can, a custom WB is preferred as well.
    Werner
    +1
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Carl

Great pics, as always. Where did you focus in that bridge shot and what aperture did you use? I think I may have to 're-learn' some hyper focus techniques but my shots seem to be sharper back to front if I just focus on or near the distance than try to be clever with a third of the way in the scene!

I've had some ruined by camera shake too (hand held).

I am finding that I am regularly adding +.3 or +0.7 EV too (which is counter-intuitive and worried me all the time) but of course this increases the risk of camera shake. Yes, I know, I should just use that tripod ...

A hint that may be obvious to all but after you have AF you can press the button labelled 'focus' to switch it MF and thus keep the same focus point for a series of shots. If you are in MF the camera seems to remember the focus distance even after being switched off and back on again, which is handy if you have it set to auto-off in a short space of time. If you are in AF, after switching off and on it seems to have the AF set near infinity.

Of course if you switch to AF you need to remember that you have done that, LOL!

It is odd, isn't it, that the RAW stores the size of the image selected? BTW the JPG within the RAW is the full size one. It may also have a smaller preview JPG but when within the main SPP window with the thumbnails, the 'File/Convert to JPEG file ...' option merely extracts the full size embedded JPEG - which is identical to the one you get when shooting RAW+JPEG. So no need to do the latter. For a quick look at all images in LR etc, just select all and do the above to get JPEG renderings quickly. Of course, many of the images will need adjustment in SPP but at least you get a quick idea how they are this way.

I have even started going out with my Merrill and X-Pro 1 at the same time (because I fell I ought to be using the Fuji) but the former seems to get used the most ...

Lee

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    Hi Carl

Great pics, as always. Where did you focus in that bridge shot and what aperture did you use? I think I may have to 're-learn' some hyper focus techniques but my shots seem to be sharper back to front if I just focus on or near the distance than try to be clever with a third of the way in the scene!

I've had some ruined by camera shake too (hand held).

I am finding that I am regularly adding +.3 or +0.7 EV too (which is counter-intuitive and worried me all the time) but of course this increases the risk of camera shake. Yes, I know, I should just use that tripod ...

A hint that may be obvious to all but after you have AF you can press the button labelled 'focus' to switch it MF and thus keep the same focus point for a series of shots. If you are in MF the camera seems to remember the focus distance even after being switched off and back on again, which is handy if you have it set to auto-off in a short space of time. If you are in AF, after switching off and on it seems to have the AF set near infinity.

Of course if you switch to AF you need to remember that you have done that, LOL!

It is odd, isn't it, that the RAW stores the size of the image selected? BTW the JPG within the RAW is the full size one. It may also have a smaller preview JPG but when within the main SPP window with the thumbnails, the 'File/Convert to JPEG file ...' option merely extracts the full size embedded JPEG - which is identical to the one you get when shooting RAW+JPEG. So no need to do the latter. For a quick look at all images in LR etc, just select all and do the above to get JPEG renderings quickly. Of course, many of the images will need adjustment in SPP but at least you get a quick idea how they are this way.

I have even started going out with my Merrill and X-Pro 1 at the same time (because I fell I ought to be using the Fuji) but the former seems to get used the most ...

Lee
    Thanks Lee, focus was at far end of dock and aperture was f/8. Once you set a smaller image size in the camera menu, I don't think that you can get back to "High" or full size when processing the raw. Selecting Convert to jpg will give you the same size image that was set in the camera, not always full size. I never use the smaller sizes so I don't know how this got set to "medium". Something to watch out for and by the way these reduced size images look horrible at 100%.
    Carl
    Gallery

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I re-set my DP1M image size setting and checked again before today's walk and all OK Two shots near the Children's Garden on a clear, blue sky fall day.

Boston Ivy growing on a retaining wall

FULL SIZE

A new children's garden business venture

FULL SIZE
    Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quentin Bargate
    Co-Founder of Ajuve, Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2016, Photographer
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A very ordinary photograph but I like the layering of the differnt subjects.

Michiel

Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Even the commonplace can be beautiful.
    Quentin Bargate
    Co-Founder of Ajuve, Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2016, Photographer
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Caught this on my way out to work this morning. It's not much for color but you can see the individual hairs on the late little bugger.

I call it..."Crash Landing"

Enjoy.
    Last edited by peterb; 18th November 2012 at 22:52.
    Life is an infinite series of moments called..."now".
    My job is to capture them.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Autumn fog next to the Rhine river:

Full Size: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2338403/SDIM...2012-bearb.jpg

The sun just breaking through:

Full Size:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2338403/SDIM...2012-bearb.jpg

River Boat (cropped):

Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fabulous shots Uwe!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ideal subject for this camera because there is a lot of detail in this building.

Michiel

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Michiel, another jaw dropping image.

But I have to tell you, this whole thread (and whole DP Merrill series) has been really interesting. In other threads on this site and others around the WEB the shots are subjects are typically general in nature nothing too special. Here folks like Quentin, Carl, Uwe and others try to find the most detailed subjects they can find just to show off the sensor and the remarkable lens that Sigma has fashioned for it. Even Sigma's DP brochure had shots taken in a Mosque rife with detail that would present a serious challenge to even the most capable of FF DSLRs.

For the entire time digital cameras have been around to me most images have seemed to have a haze or veil around them. In fact, there have been manhyt times when I saw a shot posted that I'd almost want to reach for a microfiber cleaning cloth just to wipe the gauziness off. With the DP's (and one or two Bayer based cameras with the right optics) suddenly there IS no veil.

Keep these images coming. (Honestly I can't believe I've become such a detail addict. Maybe there's a support group for people like me?)

Post Thanks / Like

Three image stitch.

I just printed this 50" wide and you can see very clear details, trash, graffiti on rocks (drat).

Rand

Post Thanks / Like

Is it me or does the DP2M do textures really well?

100% crop
    -----
    My new book "Whitechapel in 50 BUildings", Flikr Stream, www.louisberk.com
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tractor:

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Peter! ( detail anonymous doesn't exist yet as far as I know)
    Indeed this is an outstanding camera for detail and texture.
    And you do see things on the image you did not notice in reality at all.
    Mindblowing to use an old frase.

The people behind this window are hopefully not constantly aware of being a part of this!
    I shot this place also with the NEX-7 + Sigma 19/2.8 from closer by but it definetly has less punch to it.

Michiel

Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Louis, I should get to London!
    Lovely facade with beautiful lettering.

Michiel

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biglouis View Post
    Is it me or does the DP2M do textures really well?
    The DP2M excels at capturing intricate detail in anything it sees.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This is my first post, so hello to all. Based on the posts in this thread , and on
    Luminous Landscape, I bought a Dp2m which I received in Oct. 1 and used it on a two week trip to Oregon and Washington. So here are two of the first results.

The first photo is a crop of a three shot panorama of Mt St Helen's, and the second crop gives a further look into the canyons created by the lava flow. I had a sunshade on back order and no ND filters. A snow storm was moving in and the lighting was highly variable. Most of the time was out of bounds at f16 and EV -3. I felt lucky to get these at f13, so the exposures are diffraction limited.

Mt. St. Helen's blew out the side of the mountain when it erupted in 1980. The people at this observation site, which is about eight miles away from volcano, had 7 seconds to live when the volcano exploded.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wow, amazing!

Michiel

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Louis,

I love the subjects you find! Keep walking!

Rand, Great stuff!

Norm, welcome to the world's newest group of addicts.

Michiel, LOVE the wall. LL in their first review of the DP series showed side by side crops of shots of a bookcase one taken with the DP2M and with the NEX 7. No comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pophoto View Post
    I think this is my point, more usual than not, and if you reread my post, the middle age are at the most disadvantage. I also think that if you regularly shoot photos of your friends, you may soon lose them, than gain their favor

It isn't a natural portrait camera, like most DSLRs, at least not on the beauty side of things. I think if a travel photog, were traveling to remote parts of the world capturing the essence of different cultures, say, china, India, Africa, Middle East, capturing the type of journalistic portraiture, it may give you something more, as you may say clinical and different enough. It certainly IS doable, but it just isn't the friendly type by any standards, and while it may be argued, I don't think it renders skin tones well at all. You can certainly favor conditions to shoot better, but it means going out of the way. Again, I will choose my subject carefully
    I have the same problem with my DP2M. Great for everything except portraits.

It seems that skin colours of adults (European and Asian) are not correct, sharpness too strong and overall I detect a kind of greencast in all images (not just portraits)

So what do you do about these 2 problems with portraits and the general greenish cast in immges?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4711 View Post
    I have the same problem with my DP2M. Great for everything except portraits.

It seems that skin colours of adults (European and Asian) are not correct, sharpness too strong and overall I detect a kind of greencast in all images (not just portraits)

So what do you do about these 2 problems with portraits and the general greenish cast in immges?
    1. Makeup.
    2. WB adjustment.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Autumn Fog (Part2)
    The River (Rhein) "Search Nessy"

[IMG]
    SDIM0487-22. Oktober 2012.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr[/IMG]

Full Size: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2338403/SDIM...ber%202012.jpg

[IMG]
    SDIM0489-2-22. Oktober 2012.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr[/IMG]

Full Size: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2338403/SDIM...ber%202012.jpg

[IMG]
    SDIM0480-22. Oktober 2012.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr[/IMG]

Full Size:http://db.tt/QywqgH2D

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi All

I will not be posting further on this thread for a while.

Its time to concentrate on the art of photography, not it's technology.

I will keep an eye on the many and varied posts here.

Keep up the excellent work

Quentin
    Quentin Bargate

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Quentin
    A shame because I like your pictures. In my view they are extraordinary. And therefore a shame not being able to follow them.
    But I understand you, I had to skip following this tread carefully while I was in Italy and so, because it's expanding and developing, and demands some energy, and time.
    But will I be able to follow your pictures somewhere? Or do you feel like having a break public-attention-wise?
    Best
    Thorkil

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quentin,

I'm sorry that we won't be seeing more of your fine photos for awhile. Your work convinced me to buy the DP2m, and the camera has brought excitement back into my photography. I use SPP in Prophoto workspace only to balance the exposure and remove highlights. All of the post processing is then done in Lightroom 4.2.

Since most of the photographers on this thread are located in the UK, or on the Continent, I thought I would send a few more photos from the Pacific Northwest. This time Portland. I spend a lot of time here, since my daughter lives here. It's a great city, with a real walkable downtown. it actually has somewhat European feel, with a good light rail system and trams made by Siemans.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_Bargate View Post
    Hi All

Quentin
    Quentin,

We will miss seeing your excellent images here, but I can understand your need to move on to the more important of part of photography - producing fine images (hopefully some with the Sigmas). I for one want to thank you for starting this thread and for your efforts in making people aware of the potential that the Merrill cameras have for producing very high quality photographs.

Best regards,
    Carl
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_Bargate View Post
    Hi All

Quentin

Your work here is done Quentin
    David Anderson

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quentin
    Don't know how to thank you for your intelligent enthusiasm
    and the lovely geometry of many of your shots!!!
    Louis,
    Such jaw dropping textures!!
    Michael,
    Do you know the story behind the women holding the baby grasping the serpent necklace?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you are taking a break Quentin. Hope you will drop in to give us your opinions from time to time.

Shot this evening on the way home: "Whitechapel Sunset"

-----
    My new book "Whitechapel in 50 BUildings", Flikr Stream, www.louisberk.com
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lee

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Beautyberry. Normally the leaves are a nice, pale yellow green this time of year, but I think that an early hard freeze nailed this shrub. DP2M handheld.

FULL SIZE (cropped 1:1)
    Carl
    Gallery

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Another from the arboretum walk. Birch grove. DP2M handheld.

FULL SIZE
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Three more from Portland. A standing joke here is that Portlanders make there living by selling food to each other. (flesh tones are a problem, as others have noted.)

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else cut down their DP2M usage ? I find that when I'm leaving the house these days I'm back to grabbing my little Sony RX100 more again.

I still think the DP2m is a fantastic camera, but its one that I'm really only seeing myself grabbing for specific photo outings where I know it will excel.

Seems that for me at least, after a couple of weeks shooting random stuff just to see how much detail I can get, the thrill of the IQ alone has sort of worn off.

Again, its fantastic IQ, and with a good subject, composition, lighting etc, will produce some stunning images, but not everything the camera see's turns to gold.

I used to run around shooting tree bark, bricks, leaves etc just to come home and view them at 100% and oooh and ahhh over the detail. I think that got a bit old frankly.

Still impressive, but after several hundred images ran through SPP, just isn't that exciting or novel.

Anyone else finding their Merrill is now more of simply a high quality and very specific tool, rather than a new toy ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Millsart View Post
    Anyone else cut down their DP2M usage ? I find that when I'm leaving the house these days I'm back to grabbing my little Sony RX100 more again.

I still think the DP2m is a fantastic camera, but its one that I'm really only seeing myself grabbing for specific photo outings where I know it will excel.

Seems that for me at least, after a couple of weeks shooting random stuff just to see how much detail I can get, the thrill of the IQ alone has sort of worn off.

Again, its fantastic IQ, and with a good subject, composition, lighting etc, will produce some stunning images, but not everything the camera see's turns to gold.

I used to run around shooting tree bark, bricks, leaves etc just to come home and view them at 100% and oooh and ahhh over the detail. I think that got a bit old frankly.

Still impressive, but after several hundred images ran through SPP, just isn't that exciting or novel.

Anyone else finding their Merrill is now more of simply a high quality and very specific tool, rather than a new toy ??
    Kinda a "Horses for Courses" sort of thing. What it brings to the table for me is the ability to "always have at hand" a camera the has really gallery quality IQ. While it isn't my primary camera on any given day, it will always be at arm's length. And for any given photo essay there are always those detail shots that can benefit from eye popping detail and dimensionality. Between my extensive FF & APS-C DSLR kit, my little Fuji X-100 and now the DP2M, I'm living in a photographic possibilities world that I couldn't even dream was possible 30 years ago.

Rand

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

The DP Merrill is still my primary camera and probably will be until something better comes along. I never get bored looking at and especially printing high quality images. If I need snapshots I'll use my iPhone.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The DP2 M I bought just last month was the first new camera I've had in years. The previous camera (and one I still use on rare occasion now) is Panasonic's G1 which was the first new camera I had since Leica's Digilux 2 (which was the first camera that I personally felt proved that a digital camera could produce images good enough to equal and possibly surpass film).

When DSLR's first arrived on the scene as much as I liked them I felt they were way too bulky. And, for the most part, they still are. When the G1 came out the first thing I noticed was that it was the same thickness as an M6 (that I ditched along with some really nice lenses when Leica said there was no way they would be able to produce a digital M).

While many didn't like the EVF in the G1, coming off the Digilux 2 which had a very crude one it was a dream! And I immediately took to it. I also liked the side angled articulating screen on the G1 which made off angle shots a pleasure as well. Perfect for just going about and shooting.

The problem was I had shots that galleries on Cape Cod (where I do most of my shooting) really liked but the images I wanted to print for sale were far too small at the resolution I wanted. So I was always on the lookout for a camera that could deliver the goods without being too bulky.

I looked at Sony's A900 and A850 which had great optics at an affordable (read non-Nikon D3x or Canon 1d prices). But I always imagined that I'd probably grow weary of toting them around. The higher pixeled APS-C cameras that came out last year (in particular the A65 and NEX-7) were intriguing but while they were certainly compact and lighter (well the a65 was certainly lighter) the images I'd see on Flickr and other sites (which are perfect way to compare camera/lens combinations) were just so-so. The Fuji X-Pro-1 with it's unique array sensor with no AA filter looked good but I wasn't wild about the 'feel' when I held one. The images were good but still seemed a bit 'off'.

Then I read a review of the DP2 M on Steve Huff's site. He, of course, sent it back but he waxed on and on about how good the color and image quality was. The images I saw on Flickr seemed bear this out as well. Thinking about my own photo process and the shots I typically took the camera became even more intriguing. With the G1 I also rarely shot anything higher than ISO 400. Anything higher I would make it monochrome which the G1 (and I predicted the DP2M as well) produced with a rather grainy, romantic film-like quality (noise was always something I embraced and made the best of I suppose).

For the images of Cape Cod that I'd do when I'd typically go out at 6 in the morning until around 9 or so to a destination that looked promising I felt the DP2 would be fine. No EVF? The OVF would be fine. And I could always double check with the LCD.

I now have the camera (with four batteries mind you!), the Sigma OVF and got John Milich' fabulous grip and put the whole setup in a small belt pack I got from a company here called Easter Mountain Sports. A nice tidy kit.

Issues with AF? Well my experience with the Digilux 2 and it's horrible AF was good practice in dealing with those situations. Even the G1 had low light AF issues that one adjusted to. (And, personally, I find for most situations that I shoot in low light, the DP2 M has found it's target easily and quickly plus its manual mode along with Sean Reid's recommendation on early iterations of this camera that also apply here to use Zone focusing also work. Finally, over the years I've learned to pick my targets well.

The other thing I like about the DP2 M is how unassuming it is. It's about as unobtrusive and simple as you can get. No scene modes. No mishmash of dials and buttons. No brand names people recognize. (And as good as their lenses have become, for the most part, Sigma is simply not a recognizable name as seeing Canon, Nikon or Sony emblazoned on the front of the body when you're out and about.) Just a simple deck in a simple brick-like form. Doesn't get any better than that.

But as many know, this year is exciting times in photography. With a plethora of truly sweet choices all beckoning ones wallet to open. At times I've considered getting an additional camera (like the Fuji's new X-E1 with same highly touted sensor as the X-Pro 1 or the NEX 6 which is the perfect body compromise between the NEX 7 and NEX 5N) but again those I've seen don't seem to have the output I've become quite fond of from the DP2 M's sensational Foveon sensor (which, by the way, I've always been enamored with conceptually but never really considered until they got the level of pixels to where I liked it).

Yes the new FF darlings, Nikon's D600 and the yet to be seen 6D from Canon are other tantalizing prospects that can deliver the goods I seek (and they are much less bulky). And while I've considered them like every other camera I've considered as a second fiddle to the DP2M I keep asking myself the same two questions, "With the way I shoot and the subjects I typically shoot under what different circumstances would you use it? And would the DP2 M still be a viable choice?"

And I keep coming up with the same answers. "Quite a few." And "Yes."

So call me among the hopelessly hooked by this intoxicating little camera.
    Last edited by peterb; 25th October 2012 at 18:35.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the camera as my keep it simple stupid, landscape camera! Actually, it's not at all simple, since I will go out with my RRS panoramic kit and light tripod. I always knew its limitations, but have been trying to push it, but so far, not much luck. It's ideal for very specific use in my view, and is great at that!

My light kit now consists of my OMD EM5, and the DP2M.

The DP2M, or any DP camera at this point still has it limitations, were I would love to still see improvements in software and a bulb mode (future models), that and perhaps noiseless IQ up to ISO 1600.

My Canon DSLRs are still finding its use for more serious work but when the Sony RX1 arrives, I feel there's a huge possibility these two camera (DP2M & RX1), could over take my DSLRs for most things....otherwise still pending...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about using it less. If anything I'm even more confused about whether I should keep using my MF bodies or whether I should sell them and get a DP1M.

I'm not a casual shooter - although I am an opportunistic one (see the picture of Whitechapel High Street, above).

I've been doing a year long project (which has now turned into a two year project) using MF film in old graveyards in the east end of London. I've been comparing the output of the DP2M with my film scans. If I had to start all over again I am not convinced I would be shooting on film - I think I'd be using the DP2M and a DP1M, instead.

It is not just a sharpness thing. I really do think this is a wonderful sensor and a fabulous lens. Not the same as Kodak Portra or Ektar on my Hasselblad with an 80/2.8 but equally as good in terms of colouration and IQ (but different, if you know what I mean).

Here is the balancing judgement. I have to walk all my kit into the locations for the project. This means carrying it on my back. I can only carry a Hass with one lens at a time. I have in the past driven to the locations at quiet times of a weekend when I pack out my roller case with the Hass, several lenses and my m43rds kit as a backup.

With the DP2M I barely notice is in my backpack and I have now acquired the tiniest Manfrotto tripod which weighs in at 1Kg. That makes a lot of difference to my back! Even if I added the DP1M I don't think it would be as heavy - or as importantly bulky - as my Hass kit.

So, the thrill is not wearing off but the stress of whether to abandon film for the DP2M continues.

Decisions, decisions!

LouisB

PS I should add I would never sell my Hass SWC, that is totally irreplaceable unless Sigma bring out a 21mm equivalent version.

Post Thanks / Like

>I have now acquired the tiniest Manfrotto tripod which weighs in at 1Kg.

Have a link? How shaky is it?
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ustein View Post
    >I have now acquired the tiniest Manfrotto tripod which weighs in at 1Kg.

Have a link? How shaky is it?
    It is here: Manfrotto MKC3-P01 Compact Photo Kit - Black

It is very cheaply made and looks like it would be shaky but I took a lot of pictures with it recently with speeds down to 1 second and they came out sharp.

I'd really prefer one of the tiny lightweight carbon fibre ones but they are ridiculously expensive.

Louis

Post Thanks / Like

>I'd really prefer one of the tiny lightweight carbon fibre ones but they are ridiculously expensive.

Yes, I think so too.

Still ok with center column extended?
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ustein View Post
    >I'd really prefer one of the tiny lightweight carbon fibre ones but they are ridiculously expensive.

Yes, I think so too.

Still ok with center column extended?
    I've found no problem so far. I put the camera on 2 second autoshutter and stand well back!

Louis