The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

pflower

ISO 100, f8 on a tripod - shutter speeds varied over a series but usually around 1/100th or so. That picture is cropped somewhat. I could have used the close up lens but since I do so little macro work, I am undecided about that.

Pflower,
Which iso were you using for the shot of the flowers?
Nice colors.

scho

A quick snapshot with the DP2M to catch some gulls in flight. They were all sitting on the ground in front of the light and I tried to work my way around them for a better angle to the sun, but they took off early so this is was the best I could do. Harsh lighting required some shadow lifting and highlight adjustment.

FULL SIZE

biglouis

A couple of DP2M shots from the weekend

Iris Foetidissima seed pods

St Marylebone Church Yard - note the 'National Schools' building in the background which dates from the early 19th century

Sapphie

Still just 'fiddling' really and getting used to SPP. Also, judging the correct exposure for shots when back on the computer a little tricky as I am working off a MBA 'on location' so ambient lighting that is different to what I am used to can affect how I view the image on-screen.

I think it is fair to say, though, that I have not yet seen this level of clarity in shots of waves, rocks, sea etc ...

The Merrill is fun ...

Lee

L

leonardosfo

I just received my DP2M and can't wait to take it out for a spin. Unfortunately work seems to get in the way of having fun. I suspect it will be at the end of the month for my holiday to Cambodia and Thailand. I am going to try and sneak a few hours this weekend in Napa.

I had a non-DP2M question for Quentin, Steven or Michiel - love the borders you all are using - seem like the photo is floating on a canvas. Is this borders software or PS?

Hope to upload some pictures in the near future -

Sapphie

A certain reluctance to continue submitting shots here, simple because web-sized cannot do the Merrill justice but here's one more ...

Lee

Quentin_Bargate

Just got a DP1M today. Will try some proper shots tomorrow. Intial views - DP2M quality for 80% of frame but some fall off and CA at the edges.