The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

scho

Carl, I for one will miss the gorge and your other locations that have shed so much light on this camera.
Thank you John. There are a couple of other gorges that remain open during the winter that I'll visit, but Upper Buttermilk will have to wait until spring. It really does look like the next ice age is coming when it starts filling up with ice and snow. I'll try to get some shots from the rim trail (passable) this winter looking down into the gorge.

corposant

I am really enjoying the detail and colors out of the Foveon sensor. One thing I have noticed is how naturally cool the color temp is out of the camera, even adjusting the WB in SPP. If I take it into PS/LR, I find I can get close to the Portra color palette pretty quickly.

Also I have taken a few candids of people - with adequate light, skin tones are pretty good. I would say skin tones on the Foveon sensor are similar to what you would expect with film - in the shadows, you get the zombie effect. In sunlight, they are warmer than real life, but still good, though not as good as Fuji's digital skin tones.

peterb

After the Nor'easter. Caught this morning while having coffee.

(Unfortunately, the screen was bolted and couldn't be removed for the shot.)

Enjoy.

P

Last edited:

scho

A toned B&W conversion of one of the gorge images I posted earlier. The image was converted using a soft proofing profile I made for printing with the TrueBW rip for the Canon iPF6100 to give a warm neutral tone on Canson Platine

scho

Typical November day in CNY. DP1M, handheld. SEP2 B&W conversion and W/N toning same as previous image to fit the melancholy mood. Click image for full size original.

Michiel Schierbeek

Something uplifting :rolleyes:

Wanted to photograph this for a long time, because I like the lettering, but there is always a car parked in front of the door. And now there was nobody and yes a car drove in the picture to park. :banghead:

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Le Treport from above.
I took these shots many times with many different cameras and the difference in clearness, sharpness and detail is amazing. Today I took some shots with the NEX-7 + Minolta Macro 100/4 as well and the images look hazy and unsharp compared to these.
Could be the lens or me but I don't think so.

Michiel

ustein

Contributing Editor
Michiel, do you live there or still Amsterdam?

Nice area. The clarity of the DP2M shots is amazing but there are other issues like color blobs.

scho

An absolutely refreshing November afternoon at 71 F and light southerly breezes. Everyone was out enjoying the nice weather. Here are a few snaps with the DP1M (no tripod) taken on a walk up to Lower Enfield Falls.

The old summer swimming hole where Enfield creek blows out of the gorge above. Dam boards are out now for the winter.