The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Michiel Schierbeek

Two facades.
White balance settings is something to watch out for.
This went wrong in the second image of the filmset post. (A little to green.)

Michiel

ustein

Contributing Editor
Hello Carl, nice to see snow photos (none here).

PS: Maybe you could remove the stem at the bottom :)

scho

Hello Carl, nice to see snow photos (none here).

PS: Maybe you could remove the stem at the bottom :)
Hi Uwe,

Glad you like the snow, but I'd rather have some of your abundant sunshine.:) Thanks, I re-cropped original to eliminate the stem at the bottom edge, but you won't see change here until cache clears.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>I re-cropped original to eliminate the stem at the bottom edge, but you won't see change here until cache clears.

I did not mean a different crop. These stems can be removed with Context Aware Fill or a simple app Snapheal.

scho

>I re-cropped original to eliminate the stem at the bottom edge, but you won't see change here until cache clears.

I did not mean a different crop. These stems can be removed with Context Aware Fill or a simple app Snapheal.
I know, but crop was a quick fix that worked just as well in this case.

Tim

A DP2 Merrill rolled up on 25th December for me. While I am yet to have opportunity to try it out I am curious as to if you use a 49mm UV filter on yours? Is there any improvement or degradation to the image?

Thoughts, advice?
Thanks in advance.

Collin Orthner

A DP2 Merrill rolled up on 25th December for me. While I am yet to have opportunity to try it out I am curious as to if you use a 49mm UV filter on yours? Is there any improvement or degradation to the image?

Thoughts, advice?
Thanks in advance.
Have used a Promaster HGX UV on mine and I can see no difference at all, either colour or sharpness.

Kirk Candlish

Thoughts, advice?
Thanks in advance.
Where are you going to shoot with it ?

I definitely use one when I'm shooting at the beach. Salt spray isn't good for anything.

kuau

Workshop Member
OK. My first few test shots with my new DP2M,
Still struggling with getting "natural" looking colors.
All shot at ISO 100, AWB, did very little adjustment in SPP then into LR4
in Telluride, Colorado.
From a $850.00 camera IQ is amazing :thumbs:

Steven

ustein

Contributing Editor
Very strong perspective corrections with DxO ViewPoint:

Through a window:

Water behind window glass:

Kirk Candlish

in Telluride, Colorado.
Try the daylight balance setting and you'll have much better results in my experience. The AWB seems to be pretty useless.

Nice shots.

Rich M

in Telluride, Colorado.

Steven
Try the daylight balance setting and you'll have much better results in my experience. The AWB seems to be pretty useless.

Nice shots.
Kirk.
Copy that. I will try daylight setting next time....

Steven
Regardless Steven......damn nice photos!!

R