The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Malina DZ

Hello & thank you everyone for your contribution to this thread. I recently obtained DP2M and so far very happy with the results I get with the camera.

biglouis

Solent, from Sandy Point, Hayling Island

This is actually a colour frame but the light was so low in contrast that everything turned monochrome. I enhanced the original frame with soft light in CS3.

Quentin_Bargate

Boat, DP2M, F/4, handheld

I took this shot also on the D800E. Quite difficult to chose which is the better shot overall. Slightly more detail in the D800E taken with a Zeiss 21mm lens on a tripod, shot but that is about it.

Quentin_Bargate

Thanks Louis. There are some other differences, given the different fields of view of the repective lenses etc, but you'd be surprised (or maybe not by now!) how good the DP2M shot is. The D800E is replacing my Hasselblad H4D-50 which gets too lottle use the days. It works well as a studio camera and also to low light stuff, but the DP2M still does its stuff.

biglouis

Thanks Louis. There are some other differences, given the different fields of view of the repective lenses etc, but you'd be surprised (or maybe not by now!) how good the DP2M shot is. The D800E is replacing my Hasselblad H4D-50 which gets too lottle use the days. It works well as a studio camera and also to low light stuff, but the DP2M still does its stuff.
I really liked the D800E it is probably the zenith of the DSLR and it is Nikon which I have used and liked in the past. The access to all that fine glass, especially the manual stuff is marvellous for a system. I was all set to sell all my MF gear (even the film stuff) and get one.

Then I got the DP2M and for my kind of photographic interest... well the rest is history.

I'm not even sure I need the DP1M or DP3M as the cropability of the DP2M is increadible (and you can always step back a bit), although I am tempted by the DP3M for macro work.

LouisB