The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Malina DZ

Amazing landscape, Rich M!
docmoore, nice edit, I do not mind :)
But I'm so tired of baby skin every female has on each photograph I see everywhere... And I'm so carried away with the details DP2M conveys. I finally found a camera that captures a true image my eyes see.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
But I'm so tired of baby skin every female has on each photograph I see everywhere... And I'm so carried away with the details DP2M conveys. I finally found a camera that captures a true image my eyes see.
It can be overdone...:thumbup:

Bob

250swb

You guys are going to send me to the paupers workhouse if I look at any more pictures from the DP2m. I rarely make colour images, but the beautiful subtle colours that people like Michiel Schierbeek are getting are astonishing (especially the cemetery shot), not to mention the B&W conversions from others. I may have to order one, and its all your fault, all of you....!!

Steve;)

Tim

Hi, I am new to the Sigma DP2M club, but have had a DP2 for years.

I left this one on X3F, seemed best, any adjustments I made only seemed detrimental to the image. The sensor knew best? Has that happened to you :confused:

scho

An alpine lake in the Andes in southern Chile.

Like many of the Merrill shots, it doesn't quite come off on the small screen.....but the print looked fine.

R
Beautiful lake. Looks like we were both in Chile at about the same time. I kicked my self later for not taking the DP2M along.

Rich M

Beautiful lake. Looks like we were both in Chile at about the same time. I kicked my self later for not taking the DP2M along.
Carl......I was glad to have the DP2M, but sad not to pack my lightweight tripod.

It was cloudy hiking in the upper elevations which made shooting challenging.

Note to self......tripod.

R

retow

There is one fundamental flaw with these damn DP Merrill sensor cameras with their excellent prime lenses. They don`t let me appreciate the output from other cameras any longer. So what shall I do with all this other stuff in my closet? Keep one versatile mft system, just in case and let all the other stuff go? Including the Leica M9?

scho

There is one fundamental flaw with these damn DP Merrill sensor cameras with their excellent prime lenses. They don`t let me appreciate the output from other cameras any longer. So what shall I do with all this other stuff in my closet? Keep one versatile mft system, just in case and let all the other stuff go? Including the Leica M9?
+1

The Ute

Just leave it right where it is and enjoy the fact you no longer have to lug around heavy gear to produce the same or better output.

;)

MarcoPampaloni

Hello guys

finally got a Dp2m, i found a very very good deal with a used but like new camera, so i hope to post there some nice shots in this thread: it's all your fault if i finally bought it! :)

I have a silly question: i have already set up stuff and preferences in the camera menu, i will always shoot only RAW, anyway even when i choose raw i still have the choice for colour space, srgb or adobe rgb..does it make a difference to choose one or another if i shoot in raw? Asking this because when i had a Leica M8 i could choose in camera the colour space only in jpg mode, if the camera was set to only DNG ( and it was always like this ) the choice in the camera menu was greyed out, but in the Sigma it's not like that so here is my, silly i repeat, doubt.

Thanks a lot, ciao! :)

W.Utsch

Ciao Marco, welcome to the Forum.

to answer your question: No, none of the settings in camera will affect the raw files.
The only thing these settings will do is how the files will first be shown if you open them in SPP. You can still change everything in SPP.

Tanti saluti
Werner

stevew50

The only issue I've had with color spaces:
My SD1M was set for Adobe RGB, when I received my DP2M I set it the same color space but the file numbering system is the same and I overwrote some files from the SD1M.
So for the DP2M I set the color space to srgb which yields a different numbering scheme, the Raw can be resaved in any space you choose (ProPhoto RGB for me).

Steve