The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

robohub

Hi! My name is Robert and I am new to the forum.
Received my DP2m last week, inspired by this thread of course.
I am trying to get a feel for how to use both the camera and the software, Photo Pro.
Below is a stitch of four vertical, hand held images. Overexposed for the shadows. Sliders for exposure dialled down, fill light dialled up.

Next one is a crop, 1/3 of the original size.

This camera is very useful for both stitching and cropping:)

BR Robert

ustein

Contributing Editor
> leave the intricate network of stems then is revealed a small cherry like fruit.

Very interesting. What about the red?

PaulO

Hi - I just got a DP2M and I'm considering accessories. The LCD surface seems to be glass and fairly scratch resistant. As such, I'm not inclined to get a protector. Anyone have problems with scratches showing up?

Malina DZ

I thought DP2M is color artifacts free @ iso100... Found out today that I was wrong and perfect metering is the key to accurate color rendition. When green/magenta color casts pollute the image, B&W conversion can become a handy excuse...

B&W Portrait

Color Portrait

Dessert

adsf

I thought DP2M is color artifacts free @ iso100... Found out today that I was wrong and perfect metering is the key to accurate color rendition. When green/magenta color casts pollute the image, B&W conversion can become a handy excuse...
Yeah but banding at legs also isnt nice :)
Its interesting that it is always from top to bottom. Even if the cameras orientation is not landscape.

Malina DZ

Yeah but banding at legs also isnt nice :)
Its interesting that it is always from top to bottom. Even if the cameras orientation is not landscape.
sharp sight, adsf! Yeah, that's another issue with high contrast shots once you start pulling out shadows. Banding Noise reduction doesn't help. :(

PaulO

Is a linear polarizer sufficient on a DP1M? It seems like it should be since there is no mirror/prism, yet Sigma lists a circular polarizer as an accessory.

adsf

Is a linear polarizer sufficient on a DP1M? It seems like it should be since there is no mirror/prism, yet Sigma lists a circular polarizer as an accessory.
Linear worked on my DP2m so i guess it will do also on the dp1

robohub

Thanks Quentin!

I would agree and I had already prepared the arrival of the DP2M with a Panosaurus, which I find is a small and handy unit.

Hi Robert, welcome to the party!

In my opinion, the DP2M is just about the finest camera for stitched panoramas, particularly if used in combination with a compact pano head.

biglouis

April in London

Snowed most of the day here, today. It is frickin' April fer gawds sake!

Somerset House, in the middle of the blizzard.

Michiel Schierbeek

Yes I should get behind the computer and make a book. I probably will, if I can find the time, and make it a blurb publication.

Leigh, Thank you so much! :)

W.Utsch

Day off today, so rather dull and still fu.. cold,got out my tripod and the NodalNinja and took a pano of my "lofty" 1st floor at my home:

The pano is a 58 (sic) sitch, its dimensions are 226,5 MP, 28704x7892, file size (16 bit) 1,83 Gig - had to bring it down to 10000x2749 to post it. The detail, you have to believe me, is incredible. We should have cleand up the place :D