The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

biglouis

Outside of the UK (or London for that matter) you may not be aware that the largest civil engineering/construction project in Europe is taking place in London - the Crossrail link which is a new underground rail route passing through the major interchanges of the existing Underground system.

This is creating some interesting (I hope!) views in and around London.

This is from the Barbican High Walk near Moorgate and shows the orange 'grout' towers which inject grout into the soil below ground to stabilise any possible movement as the tunnels are bored out. Considering the denisty of buildings in these central areas you can understand why it is a concern.

mezzoduomo

Outside of the UK (or London for that matter) you may not be aware that the largest civil engineering/construction project in Europe is taking place in London - the Crossrail link which is a new underground rail route passing through the major interchanges of the existing Underground system.

This is creating some interesting (I hope!) views in and around London.

This is from the Barbican High Walk near Moorgate and shows the orange 'grout' towers which inject grout into the soil below ground to stabilise any possible movement as the tunnels are bored out. Considering the denisty of buildings in these central areas you can understand why it is a concern.

Excellent!
While I like this treatment very much, this image cries out for FCB.

biglouis

Okay - what is FCB?
Foveon Classic Blue: a bit of an acquired taste.

I did actually go back and reprocess the image in FCB but it made little difference to the final result. For information, I actually boosted the colours by 'Lab spacing' in CS and then applying soft light.

LouisB

Jim DE

2 from a small river side town along the Susquehanna River in Maryland

This community was built by cutting into the rock cliffs that run along this river system. Space is very limited and spring flood waters have been known to do some substantial damage at times. But as you can see many of those homes have been there for hundreds of years.

Jim DE

An old tavern that stood in the 1700's at a river ferry that often had George Washington as a guest.

As you can see this door and window were added later along with the electricity... ;)

PaulO

A few more from my recent 1st day with the new DP2M in Boston. Two of the three are 50% crops....Perhaps I need a DP3M.

johnnygoesdigital

This camera intrigues me. After Quentin's initial images, I thought no way, this is a tiny camera that fits in a pocket, how could the color rendering be so good?
Sigma is on to something, they're starting to capture more of the professional market with this and their new "Art" series lenses. Now which one...DP1, DP2 DP3?

Kyndel

This camera intrigues me. After Quentin's initial images, I thought no way, this is a tiny camera that fits in a pocket, how could the color rendering be so good?
Sigma is on to something, they're starting to capture more of the professional market with this and their new "Art" series lenses. Now which one...DP1, DP2 DP3?
Yes, that is the question. I love WA.s but at the edges the DP2M is better, so I bought the DP2M, and there is CA with the DP1M, have not seen it yet with my DP2M (But there might come), and if you like 50/75mm the DP3M should be as good as the DP2M or even better WB.

Or buy them all ;);)

biglouis

I tend to consider my DP2M the way I consider my Hasselblad 500CM and the 80/2.8. I really only need one lens and one camera. If you want wide angle you move back and if you want tele you move forward. The IQ even at 100% is so sharp that you can crop quite severely.

It is one reason why at present I find it hard to justify purchasing the DP1M or the DP3M.

LouisB

Kyndel

I tend to consider my DP2M the way I consider my Hasselblad 500CM and the 80/2.8. I really only need one lens and one camera. If you want wide angle you move back and if you want tele you move forward. The IQ even at 100% is so sharp that you can crop quite severely.

It is one reason why at present I find it hard to justify purchasing the DP1M or the DP3M.

LouisB
Yes, you can zoom with your feet, but the DP3M can get closer, a kind of macro.

If I did not have 2 macro lenses for Nikon I would have bought it.