The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Michiel Schierbeek

Have been working on about 30 files from Cuba. There are still a lot to be done but that's the trouble when you take to many pictures and are moving on :deadhorse:
But I will get them all done soon, the good ones at least.

Here's a another house like a painting.

Michiel

ustein

Contributing Editor
>I did some different PP in this one, added sharpening in PS. What do you think?
To much?

Maybe too much. I think default SPP sharpening is all you need (and I sell sharpening scripts).

MarcoPampaloni

Thank you very much! I usually don't shoot people but sometimes i love subjects like him...he is one of the most "famous" people of the town where i live, which is Stazzema ( it's close to Sant'anna di Stazzema, which maybe you will know for the Nazi's slaughter there and Spike Lee's movie ), it's a little little town ( around 300 people living here ) here in the Alpi Apuane in Versilia, Tuscany.
There are lots of funny and strange people like him in this town and all the others nearby.
Stazzema – Vacanze – Versilia – Eccidio
It's in italian but you can see some pics of the area here :)

stevew50

DP1M shots
Here are a couple from a Spring Arts Car Show. This is an American past-time.
Reviewing the photos I am supprised looking at 100% all the detail that pops out. I am amused when I see my image in a bumper or hub cap, didn't realize when shooting I was going to be there.

adsf

There are some really mean compression "blocks" in the red parts of the car. You can still see them in the "sRGB" image but not as much as in the one before.

AND: The blocks look different (are at different places) in both of the images. So i really guess it happens when the images are compressed for web.