The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

peterb

...not that there's anything wrong with all the still life photos! On the DPxM'S they're nothing short of spectacular! I've been wowed many times over.

peterb

And now for a little digital noir. Taken on Holmes Beach on Anna Maria Island in Florida (a 'key' just off the coast of Bradenton). This was just before Andrea showed up with her little deluge.

Enjoy.

peterb

Obligatory sunrise over Anna Maria Island's view of Tampa Bay:

...followed by an obligatory sunset on Holmes Beach over the gulf:

Enjoy. (I certainly did!)

peterb

Some DP2M shots that are strictly for the birds.

Rush hour traffic on Anna Maria Island:

Brief Pelican

Dinner Flight:

Staring contest:

Hot Pursuit:

Man I love these cameras. Enjoy.

Amin

Wonderful photos, Peter. I especially liked the Pelicans waiting for fish and the peeking crab. Very cool.

Malina DZ

Dinner Flight:
Great series Peter. You were lucky to get this one in focus. :thumbup: Unfortunately, time between AF confirmation and the end of shutter lag is long enough to loose a target out of focus with DP2M. Thus limiting this camera to still life photography. But you may get some successful shots nonetheless with moving subjects.

peterb

Great series Peter. You were lucky to get this one in focus. :thumbup: Unfortunately, time between AF confirmation and the end of shutter lag is long enough to loose a target out of focus with DP2M. Thus limiting this camera to still life photography. But you may get some successful shots nonetheless with moving subjects.
Thanks! I really love the first three swan shots!

After reading about the limitations of the DP2M (AF, ISO etc.) I've looked at everything as sort of a challenge to see if I can get great 'action' shots with it in spite of it.

In this case the bird was actually standing on a boat's 'bimini' top which I quickly locked focus and exposure (one of my DP2M techniques for this sort of thing) then as the bird took off I just took the shot as I saw in the accessory OVF.

The pelican in the other shot was similarly done where again I 'pre-locked' focus and exposure and used my best estimate through the OVF of distance while following the bird and waiting for the optimal wing movement.

The more I use the this camera the less limiting I find it.

biglouis

Some pictures from Spitalfields this morning. This little camera never fails to amaze me with its detail and 'pop'.

Open Space, Brick Lane

Old Shoreditch Station

Shuttle Street

Urban LZ, Royal London Hospital

kipdent

Hello, everyone--

I am excited to be a new member and owner of a new Sigma DP-2 Merrill. Here is a shot I took while in vacation in Berlin last month (I live in San Diego). I love this camera! I'm not sure how to post full-size images, but this thumbnail will expand if you click on it...

Kip