The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

ZonePlate

I have been reading this thread extensively and would like to thank biglouis, Michiel Schierbeek, Quentin Bargate, and many others for sharing their excellent work. It has inspired me to acquire a DP2M recently and I am still learning how to use it and SPP. I was curious about its low light performance and so I took it with me on a recent trip to the Dayton air force museum. They keep the light levels very low but let you use a tripod. I was careful to expose for shadows; see what you think.

ZonePlate

I see the photographs, but I suspect I'm the only one. I've put them in my regular member gallery and I'll try linking them here--let me know if I got it right this time!

Michiel Schierbeek

Sorry to hear that, Michiel. Will you replace it?

LouisB
Thanks for your compassion, Louis :)

I wait a bit. I really do miss a viewfinder.
Things are also getting to a point where image quality of the diverse apparati is good enough for most of my needs, although I must say that Foveon sensor is quiet exceptional.

But when an FF mirrorless interchangable lens camera comes along (Sony?) or may be a Foveon Sigma with EVF, not as big as the SD1, I will probably buy that.
W'll see how soon that will be. For the time being I am a happy shooter with the NEX-7 and Ricoh GXR.