The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

biglouis

Thanks for your compassion, Louis :)

I wait a bit. I really do miss a viewfinder.
Things are also getting to a point where image quality of the diverse apparati is good enough for most of my needs, although I must say that Foveon sensor is quiet exceptional.

But when an FF mirrorless interchangable lens camera comes along (Sony?) or may be a Foveon Sigma with EVF, not as big as the SD1, I will probably buy that.
W'll see how soon that will be. For the time being I am a happy shooter with the NEX-7 and Ricoh GXR.
I too am waiting and seeing before investing in any new kit. Will Sigma expand the DPxM range? Will there be a FF Sony compact system? Interesting times but worth waiting a few months to see what happens.

LouisB

W.Utsch

Sorry for your lost, well Cologne....
I would for sure replace it asap....
We will be missing your DP2M contributions here!

Werner

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks for you're kind words, gentlemen.
Looking at Vieri's images, I will be very tempted to the next generation of the SD camera, i hope there will be one.

Once in a while I am still working on my Cuba files and recently I added these two to the worthwile compositions.

biglouis

A panel of a tomb from a cemetery project I am working on. I think I may actually use this as the cover for my Blurb book when I create it.

smoothstones

I totally agree...this photo would make an excellent cover for the type of book you're
putting together.
The nuanced shades, colors and cracks only enhance the feel. Very well presented.

The Ute

The resolution on these cameras never ceases to amaze and please the eye.

Lot's of people start planning their shots around it.

P.S. I started this thread quite a while ago.

I'm surprised it isn't more active.

A lot of people do Landscape.

Oh well I guess.

darr

The Last of the Hydrangea from my Garden for the Year
DP2 Merrill + f/4.0 + 1/15s + ISO 100

Paul H

I finally joined this site as a result of this thread!

I've mainly shot older medium format cameras, along with a big Fujica 6x9 interchangeable lens RF. I'd been trying to avoid the temptation of these little cameras, but eventually succumbed.... Too many fantastic photos in this thread alone!

I've now had mine a few weeks, and am still getting to know it, and SPP, but so far am really enjoying it. I've also shot a 6 frame panorama, and am impressed with the level of detail.

Seeing the first proper shot developed from this camera was somewhat akin to seeing my first medium format 'chrome.

W.Utsch

retow, which Ricoh adaptor was used: GW2 or GW1?
with the DP2M you get a 21mm?
Looks interesting, how would you rate the the performance (corners etc).
Regards
Werner