The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Paul H

Here's a couple more from the DP2.

The big pointy thing is a wind sculpture, one of many dotted around Wellington. It's a city infamous for its wind, with around 175 days of the year where the wind gusts above 75km/h. The day I took this, it was fairly calm, but when the wind gets above 100-120km/h the big pointy thing heads towards horizontal:

Big Pointy Thing, on Flickr

Here's a grab shot over the fence of an inner city building site:

Hold Up, on Flickr

NotXorc

A few pictures with the DP2M. After one year with it, I must say it has become my main camera for almost everything that doesn't move:D

Sauza, what filter/plugin/effect did you use in this image? When looking at the full size shot, you appreciate the painterly details and textures formed.

Great picture and neat interpretation!! :thumbup:

darr

A Christmas Tree
Sigma DP2 Merrill, F/5.6, ISO 100
(handheld with a slight swing)

I couldn't resist when I was packing up all the decorations today. :)

Last edited:

Sauza

Sauza, what filter/plugin/effect did you use in this image? When looking at the full size shot, you appreciate the painterly details and textures formed.

Great picture and neat interpretation!! :thumbup:
Hi NotXorc,
sorry for the late reply, haven't been much online over the holidays. Thanks for the kind words. I've used the Topaz Clean filter for this picture and slightly reduced the opacity of the layer to create this texture.

This panorama consists of 4 vertical shots with the DP2M

Rotenberg_2 by El Sauza, on Flickr

Jim DE

Excellent images all! I am glad to see others are still shooting their DP2m's with all the recent hype with the smaller FF camera's drawing so much attention here and all over the web.

I still feel that the DP2m and Nodel Ninja III is the ultimately best pano setup one can reasonably buy. The DP2m shines in this area as well as just taking and stitching a few images together just to get a wider view. I need to use mine more but have been doing more wildlife stuff in recent months (I have to admit the DP2m and close focus lens or a 250 does a excellent job with macros when cropped) and have not been doing any scenics. Pretty ugly out around here in the dead of winter around our wetlands.

I will make it a point to pull my DP2m out this week and find something of interest to shoot!

gnuyork

I took my DP2M with me on my working trip to Vegas for CES, then flew straight to Toronto for another show - on the road for 8 days - blah! Anyway, had a chance to head to Niagara Falls from Toronto one of the afternoons. I didn't have my tripod so my falls shots not so spectacular when viewed on my monitor :banghead: but I thought some of these textures with the ice were interesting: