The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

adrewdecourcy

The trimmings. I was given a bag full of freshly caught Mackerel this morning straight from the boat, so had a few for lunch, gently fried, squeeze of lemon, pinch of course ground black pepper.

Love your clouds and the light in the image above.

peterb

While I use other equipment I keep returning to the DP2 Merrill's for the sure IQ they offer. Interestingly enough I'm selling the Canon gear I had recently acquired and expanding my activity with the DP2M. Despite its limitations I find myself wanting to simply 'work' with it. Like using the AF/AEL lock to pre-focus and fire, shooting at <<ISO 400 for color and relegating ISO's >> 400 to BW which with SPP's grain modifier yield in my opinion lovely 'romanticized' BW.

Here's a shot recently taken through, of all things, a 'water wall' in Washington, DC near. It doesn't really show off the high resolution, but I thought the effect with the Foveon Blue was very 'Monet' like.

Stoneage

Lovely photo... tell us more about where it was taken, the processing, etc.
Thanks for sharing...
Rand
Thanks a lot.
The image was taken on a short break on the way from north to south of Switzerland at San Bernardino Pass. (aprox. 2100 meters above sea)
It's just a couple of minutes away from the main road.
I took 3 exposures (+/- 2.0 EV) for maximum (clean) data and used photomatix for a "flat" and natural looking HDR.
(The shot was also possible to achieve with one exposure (ISO 100 and -1.0 EV exposure compensation), but i wanted to have clean and saturated shadows)
The rest was done in photoshop (color and contrast adjustments, a bit dodge and burn…)

peterb

Outing at Great Falls, Virginia (USA).

Overview:

Dreamy falls. (Taken with three ND filters, stacked together.)

Watching the soft flows of water.

Last sun over the falls.