The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Malina DZ

Thanks foveon :)
The difference in brightness is due to a combination of a flash light and exposure settings for the background. I included the image title in the post.

foveon

Thanks for the answer, I thought the girl is flashed, but I think that much of difference is confusing, so it looks like a compositing^^
I mean, white is white untill not in the shadow

scho

Looking south down the west branch of Keuka Lake from Esperanza Mansion on the bluff that separates the east and west forks of the lake. Notice the verga hanging from some of the clouds. I had to use -2 highlight control to salvage the clouds.

scho

A few shots taken today on a rainy day walk around the marsh at Sapsucker Woods.

Memorial bench at the start of the trail circling the marsh and ponds.

I counted 4 turtles and 5 frogs on the logs in the foreground of this next shot. Look at full size and see how many you can find. The large dead tree in the background was wired for sound and video when it had nesting blue herons a few years ago.

Trumpet vine & Pickerel weed in blossom.

gnuyork

Hi Carl. I was just there in June. I took some photos, but not with my Sigma, it was a film Leica with Tri-X. I have not developed the film yet. The rolls (among others) are sitting in front of my monitor staring at my procrastinating face :p Digital has me spoiled.

I think I snapped some with the Leica X too. Probably shouldn't post them here and cloud the Faveon waters.

scho

Hi Carl. I was just there in June. I took some photos, but not with my Sigma, it was a film Leica with Tri-X. I have not developed the film yet. The rolls (among others) are sitting in front of my monitor staring at my procrastinating face :p Digital has me spoiled.

I think I snapped some with the Leica X too. Probably shouldn't post them here and cloud the Faveon waters.
I still look at the Leica forum and would enjoy seeing your Sapsucker Woods shots over there.

scho

Another woodland/swamp walk through the sanctuary adjacent to Fall Creek and Stewart Park in Ithaca, NY.

biglouis

Morris Dancing - a strange British summer ritual - Camden Town, London.

"Let battle commence..."

Last edited:

scho

A handheld, monochrome shot inside the viewing gallery of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology at Sapsucker Woods.