The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Quentin_Bargate

I'm a little out of practice and made a few mistakes along the way, but I left my tripod plate back home in error, so for tripod shots, thought I'd get the DP2M out and use it on the Fanotec pano head to try a multi-row pano or two of the interior of Lecce Cathedral in Lecce, southern Italy.

Last edited:

Lumen

Luckily I bought several DP2 Merrills

when they were around 300 Euros each - luckily because the Quattro continues to be an embarrassment for Sigma.

Blotches and 'variable' resolution (I have never seen a satisfactory sky with the Quattro), which results in painful smearing of detail - that's more than one step back from the Merrills.

My four :eek: DP2 Merrils should last long enough so that I will be able to enjoy the exceptional output (colour and BW!) from these little, unassuming wonders:

Attachments

Norm N

Quentin,

Your revival DP2m photos, and those of others, have convinced me to take the camera with on a planned trip to Berlin and Eastern Europe. Since I'm traveling light something else will have to go. I havn't used the camera for a couple of years, but the photos on this page are unique. (Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew that.)

Thanks (to all)

Another Merrill fan,
Norm Nicholson

Florin75

are they on the Danube?
No, Snagov Lake, near Bucharest.
The boats in the first were used to cross the lake to a monastery on an island, where it is supposed to be buried Vlad Tepes (Dracula). But this information has to be confirmed yet. Archaeological excavations have identified princely robes but the body could not be identified.

The second photo was taken on the shores of Black Sea and shows some fishing boats.

gnuyork

Something in the way the colors are, this reminds me a bit of Kodachrome. If I could nail the Kodachrome look (every time) with a digital cam, I'd be set.

scho

Took some friends over to Keuka Lake for a little tour.

At the Glenn Curtiss aviation museum in Hammondsport, NY. A restored P-40.

In a Chapel on Keuka College campus at north end of lake.

The ladies enjoying a fresh breeze off the lake at Keuka College.

scho

Took some friends over to Keuka Lake for a little tour.
Two more from the Keuka Lake excursion.

Looking south from a guest room balcony in Esperanza mansion in Branchport, NY.

Storage tanks at Bully Hill Winery near Hammondsport, NY.

PaulO

I recently went to Yellowstone National Park for a week of photography. I usually shoot with my Canon system but decided to shoot all but telephoto shots with my Merrills (1,2,3). I've rediscovered how great these cameras are!_SDI0245_exp-minus1.5_BW.jpg