The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

TClair

for me it looks as just the shadow
Thanks everyone for the color comments. Honestly I don't see the issue on my monitor and I do have the monitor color calibrated but to be honest I am color blind so exact colors sometimes elude me.

biglouis

Louis,
Did you attempted to recover highlights in the second shot? I think the Merrill sensor is quite good in this kind of situation (at least when converting files on SPP).
In fact I increased the highlights to emphasise the BT Tower disappearing into the clouds. In my experience the Merrill sensor has great dynamic ranges and both highlights and shadows can be worked on. The only issue is the occasional odd colour cast or banding.

LouisB

Adnen

Fantastic clouds, great shot.

One of the best sensors ever, the Merrill. IMHO.
Thanks gandolfi.I agree, the DPMs are so unique: Pocketable cameras with great sensor and optimized lens at a relatively affordable price... Very sad that Sigma deviated from this concept with the Quattros!