Site Sponsors

Thread: Dp2M/SPP and White Balance

Post Thanks / Like

Dp2M/SPP and White Balance

Following all the comments on this and other sites I have broken the habit of a lifetime and ordered a DP2M without having actually tried one myself before hand.

I have downloaded SPP in anticipation and note that the white balance settings are restricted to pre-set drop down values. As far as I can see there is no way to set the white balance with an eye dropper against (for example) a grey card.

There is a color correction wheel below the white balance tools. Can this set an accurate white balance from a neutral target? Or where accurate white balance is needed, is it a question of getting it as close as possible and then adjusting the exported tiff file?

Anyone have any experience of this?

Saffron Walden, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dp2M/SPP and White Balance

Hi there

You can use the eyedropper tool to set the white balance on a grey card, or fiddle around with the colour wheel. Its not very sophisticated.

I have found that you are better off abandoning auto white balance for many shots and instead using sunlight as a starting point. Auto white balance gives a cyan tint in sunlight.

But these details aside, you should love the camera.
    Quentin Bargate
    Co-Founder of Ajuve, Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2016, Photographer