The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens hoods for Merrills

pflower

I couldn't find a Sigma one, so I bought a £5 one from Amazon which works perfectly well.

You may also be interested in batteries. I couldn't find any sigma ones but I found that the sigma batteries are the same as Ricoh's DB-65. I found a £7.50 generic replacement from Dot Photo on Amazon. It is 3.7v and 1150 (not 1250 as the sigmas are) but works perfectly happily in the DP2 - I got 75 exposures from it this afternoon. It is very very very slightly thicker than the Sigma battery which means that when you press the catch to release it, it doesn't quite pop out. However a few rubs on a piece of fine sandpaper solved that one. You don't need to do more than just take off the shine.

Ok, I get it - DP2M is 49mm, previous 'DP2' cameras are 46mm!

Lee

scho

I couldn't find a Sigma one, so I bought a £5 one from Amazon which works perfectly well.

You may also be interested in batteries. I couldn't find any sigma ones but I found that the sigma batteries are the same as Ricoh's DB-65. I found a £7.50 generic replacement from Dot Photo on Amazon. It is 3.7v and 1150 (not 1250 as the sigmas are) but works perfectly happily in the DP2 - I got 75 exposures from it this afternoon. It is very very very slightly thicker than the Sigma battery which means that when you press the catch to release it, it doesn't quite pop out. However a few rubs on a piece of fine sandpaper solved that one. You don't need to do more than just take off the shine.
Both the LH2-01 and LH1-01 hoods are available directly from Sigma (NY) for $30 each.