The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP-1 Merrill shots

Michiel Schierbeek

The DP1M shots stack up very well. I certainly don't feel I am at a disadvantage using a DP2M over a D800E.

But the Pentax shot is superb. If I had the dough that is one camera I would seriously contemplate owning.

That said, for all intents and purposes the DP1M is more than capable of serious results and it won't break the bank or lead to divorce.

Louis
The Pentax 645 has been on my radar for quiet some time. I even bought (a reasonable priced) 200mm lens for it.
I decided to stay with my wife.

Michiel

Thorkil

No, don't worry Michiel. With all that you are getting around, you will get heavy overloaded. You would have to get extraordinary fit, exercise at least 2 hours a day(but on the other hand after the divorce there would be plenty of time:p), to be able to carry that bulky 645 camera around...and after some short time you will end up selling it like I did with my 800E.
So some 1/2M's, a GXR and if things were going extraordinary wild, then an OM-D perhaps, will keep you smiling and happy (didn't mention a GRD as I'm sure it wouln't fit you(?)
:)
Thorkil

Michiel Schierbeek

Thorkil;
Already now I am carrying around three different cameras + adapters and assorted lenses on small trips.
My mind is a mess! You never know what you might need.
I am in an extraodinary good shape already. I don't need a subscription to a fitnesscentrum,
which creates room for extra investments in more weight to carry.
So I must be getting fitter and fitter.

But one day I will end up with that one superb camera with a huge EVF and a diopter + 10 and only one super zoom lens 12-250/1.8 with no distortion in a very small package.

That 'll be the day.......who.. ou.....who.. ou

Michiel

Thorkil

:)
Happy to hear you are physically up to the task, Michiel!
Yes, we are all dreaming of that little camera that will save our lives and our inner souls..(and fits in the pocket)
Still dreaming, sometimes, of the M6 happy period of perhaps 5-8 years where I only used the 21 Elmarit/2.8, and I was somehow unaware about I really ought to be unhappy, while that lens is soft in the corners, and sometimes it was too wide etc., but in that short period I didn't confront me with other possibilities (when internet was an unknown word…wonder what I did instead)(yes I did have some summicron’s but decided going wide). Sometimes I could catch myself looking at that little camera, thinking, what a nice, well build, solid, effective tool with a wonderful modest and non-alarming appearance.
So it’s also about times, times that have changed, and our mind too. The spreading confusion. I wonder how many cameras Henri Cartier B. had and how many lenses?
So it’s perhaps just about that simplicity, and then making a choice, and stay happy with that for a long period. And then perhaps challenging oneself instead of the equipment, being satisfied with what one get through the lens, and not what you don't get.
But that I can't speak of, while I do sit here instead of getting out.....it’s rather cold out there...
Thorkil

scho

One from the DP1M taken earlier this month that I overlooked and just processed now. Ithaca Falls. Cropped to a 1:2 aspect ratio.

FULL SIZE