The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Removing the "target focus shift" icon

bcf

Using the GXR, when I press the ADJ lever, a row of 5 icons appears, the first 4 of which I can assign in the "Key Custom Options" menu. The 5th icon corresponds to a "target focus shift" function, which I absolutely never use, but very often select by accident. Is there any way to remove this 5th icon from the screen - I could not find one.

bcf

Apparently nobody is troubled by that, or nobody knows the answer, or my explanation wasn't clear…*:)

Godfrey

No way to change this setting far as I'm aware.

(I had not used it before, but then I was doing some macro work with the A12 50 camera unit, camera on a copystand. Being able to retarget where the AF spot was in the frame without moving the camera or subject turned out to be invaluable.)

bcf

Thanks Godfrey.

Yes, I realize that this setting may be useful, but it would be nice if its display was optional… For some reason, very often, when I want to change another setting for which I have chosen to display an icon in the EVF (triggered by the ADJ lever), it is the "target focus shift" icon which is selected when I press ADJ, although so far I have never used it (voluntarily, at least… :)