The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP2M vs Fuji XE-1 /35mm 1.4

kuau

Workshop Member
This question can probably be answered best by Uwe,
With the XE-1 starting to ship soon, feature wise Fuji seems to have Sigma in that arena, yet If IQ is the deciding factor can the X-Trans sensor even compare with the Foven?

I am planning on renting an XE-1 when they become available, or am I kidding myself? My 3 days with the DP2M even with all it's quirks the IQ was really outstanding.

Biggest print I ever do is 20x30 but mostly 16x20 and 16x24

Steven

corposant

With the XE-1 starting to ship soon, feature wise Fuji seems to have Sigma in that arena, yet If IQ is the deciding factor can the X-Trans sensor even compare with the Foven?

I am planning on renting an XE-1 when they become available, or am I kidding myself? My 3 days with the DP2M even with all it's quirks the IQ was really outstanding.

Steven
Interchangeable lenses vs. fixed; low ISO only vs. flexible ISO... seems like the only thing they have in common is limited RAW support.

raist3d

Steven
The Sigma IQ is really good in a very narrow set of conditions: Good full spectrum light (daylight) and ISO 200 or less (and even at those ISO's it still has occasional color constancy issues but usually don't detract from the better quality).

The Fuji has superb quality in a very wide range of conditions, and as a camera tool will operate faster, has better ergonomics imho, and other lens options.

*IF* I/you was/were doing photography mostly only in full spectrum light / daylight at ISO 200 or less, I would say pick the Sigma. Pick the Fuji otherwise.

- Raist