The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For DP Merrill fans...

peterb

(Note: I also posted this on DPreview's Sigma Forum, too.)

The DP2 M has a lens what many reviewers have gushed as a being on the same playing field as a Leica Summicron or even Summilux. The DP1 M with its 19mm lens while not quite in the same league but no slouch either makes a great 28mm equiv lens (with a 15.6/46.4 MP AA-less, Foveon sensor attached in a lovely, well-crafted, unobtrusive housing).

So my question is...would anyone here be interested in Sigma deciding to put together yet a THIRD DPM camera that features either their luscious 50mm f1.4 optic or the cracking 70mm f2.8 macro honed to perfection like the 30mm was?

It would be a masterwork for closeup (of course), portrait and, for those who've drooled over these sublime, bokehlicious images, a Brenizer-style composite.

Just curious.

(I know I would.)

P

scho

(Note: I also posted this on DPreview's Sigma Forum, too.)

The DP2 M has a lens what many reviewers have gushed as a being on the same playing field as a Leica Summicron or even Summilux. The DP1 M with its 19mm lens while not quite in the same league but no slouch either makes a great 28mm equiv lens (with a 15.6/46.4 MP AA-less, Foveon sensor attached in a lovely, well-crafted, unobtrusive housing).

So my question is...would anyone here be interested in Sigma deciding to put together yet a THIRD DPM camera that features either their luscious 50mm f1.4 optic or the cracking 70mm f2.8 macro honed to perfection like the 30mm was?

It would be a masterwork for closeup (of course), portrait and, for those who've drooled over these sublime, bokehlicious images, a Brenizer-style composite.

Just curious.

(I know I would.)

P
+1 A logical addition to the DP line.

retow

Count me in. Additionally, if Sigma were to introduce a wide angle adapter for the DP1M and a tele one for such a "DPM70mm" I'd be all set for 95% of my needs.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
+1; count me in (as I wait for the DP2M to be delivered). ~90mm EFOV, ƒ2, and macro capacity to boot, and my image making needs will be completed.

biglouis

Personally, I would prefer it if the next DP body had an attachable EVF like many cameras are now sporting.

LouisB