The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1M - what's the verdict?

pophoto

Hi all,

So I have been using the DP2M for a little while now, and like it a good deal.
So how have those of you who also bought the DP1M and using it along with the DP2M been finding it, is it worth having the extra camera and focal length?

Any experiences welcome.

Thanks,
Po

scho

Hi all,

So I have been using the DP2M for a little while now, and like it a good deal.
So how have those of you who also bought the DP1M and using it along with the DP2M been finding it, is it worth having the extra camera and focal length?

Any experiences welcome.

Thanks,
Po
Well, my original plan was to shoot with just the DP1M and DP2M, but I started feeling a little constrained by the two focal lengths. I already had several RF lenses of varying focal lengths so I sold the DP1M (and most of my other camera gear), but kept the DP2M an bought a Leica M-E to use with my collection of RF lenses. So now the DP2M is my mini view camera landscape camera and the Leica does everything else. I think I'm happy, so far.:)

pophoto

Thanks for sharing Carl.

Quentin: with this trend, do you feel the DP1M worth the weight?
Or not the obvious companion one would expect?