The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Could folk post images of their DP2 M pano. outfit?

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
I am looking for relatively minimalist here.

To start, that tiny Benro "MeFoto" tripod that Uwe first showed, and assume an L-bracket (RRS or other; I like the RRS ones)... or is the mini KISS and its tiny "MiniRotor" the way to go?

I have written to the PT4 Pano folk and am waiting for an answer and will post as soon as I hear.

neilvan

This is what I am using for single row panos, my minimal kit for hiking etc. I don't see myself doing much in the way of multi-row panos with this camera.

Gitzo GT3532LS tripod - I have tried a lot of lighter tripods but settled with this one, it's very solid and light enough for me to shoulder or strap onto my packs.

Acratech GP ballhead - Mounted inversely for use as a levelling head with a rotator just under the camera. Great solution to keep things lighter and more simple.

RRS 192 Precision Plus nodal slide combo

RRS L-plate/grip

...and for the times when I want to do multi-row panos, the full-meal-deal RRS package.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
OK; here's my attempt at a minimalist setup: Uwe's "MeFoto" tripod (but the titanium finsh); the PT4Pano indexing rotator (the Rotator Plus), and the dedicated DP1M/DP2M (different attachment holes) support bracket, the "Midi NPA" (note: not the KISS that some sites have recommended).

So far, so good; here's what is looks like:

Very light, very small, and quick to deploy in the field. Images using the setup to come soon.

Quentin_Bargate

I use a Nodal Ninja 3 Mk II, EZ-levelling head and Induro compact tripod.

Highly portable and very effective with the DP2M.

Quentin

JTec Micro-Fast Universal L-Bracket
Sunwayfoto Nodal Slide DMP-140
Sunwayfoto Indexing Rotator DDP-64M & DDY-64
Triopo B2 head
Triopo GT 3228X8C tripod

phips243

Here my all Manfrotto multirow setup...

Manfrotto 303 SPH multi-row nodal adapter,
Manfrotto 300N rotator,
Manfrotto 338 leveling plate, all on the
Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro tripod

...oh...before I forget...to be seen on the picture as well: My long lasting battery setup...(thanks to PeterB btw...you inspired me...)...Anker 10,000 mAh battery with the Sigma SAC-5 and the adapter cable...too bad my new RRS L-plate gets in the way of the SAC-5 cable...

I also plan to get a lightweight single-row (Arca compatible) alternative for use with my travel tripod (Velbon UT-43 DII) and the RRS L-plate (I bought recently and didn't have when this picture was taken in March 2013)

Last edited:

Jim DE

Mine looks pretty much like Quentins except it sits on top of a old Bogen 3001 tripod and my camera is mounted shutter button up.

adsf

Hi Adsf, what pano equipment is that? I'm looking for something light, simple and hopefully inexpensive.

Regards,
Max
Its "homemade". I ordered some aluminium plates and the elbow online (you could tell them the size you want it +/- about 1mm). Then i drilled some holes and and made some threads and there it is...

Maxpace

Hi asdf, loving your homemade pano head. By any chance, do you have the dimensions for it? I want to get one made for my DP3M. Thanks, Max