The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

adrewdecourcy

Thank you Adrew. I lived in Godolphin. My kids surfed at Porthleven. ('Leven - locals only! Not that we were.)

I wasn't trying to pry just curious as your photos are very striking.

Keep posting.

Steven
Interesting Steven. Not overly familiar with Godolphin, albeit slightly west, I do love visits too the Lizard, but mainly go to the eastern side. Leven I cannot actually remember going too, one of the few places I have not in Cornwall. Maybe that would be an idea to pay it a visit. I am a kind of Local, born here but as they say 'Tis all in ya name me ansome' I have been adopted and a part of the fixtures and fittings now and grumble about the emits in the summer, as any reputable Cornishman does

_P1M7875 by Julian .., on Flickr

Tim

The Dp1 has become my favourite of the three Merrll's for the 19mm lens. Looking forward to your images.
I've been following your images both here and on Flickr, I thought I'd seen you mostly use the DP3. Its interesting to read you favor the DP1M.

adrewdecourcy

I've been following your images both here and on Flickr, I thought I'd seen you mostly use the DP3. Its interesting to read you favor the DP1M.
Tim that maybe. I've just viewed how many images from each of the camera's I have posted to the Flickr Albums.
DP1: 445
Dp2: 479
Dp3: 623
I did get the Dp3 some two months before the other two Dp's
The Dp1 cannot do what the Dp3 does and can produce that larger film size format looking image that defies the size sensor it has. That to myself when it works is unbeatable by the D1 or 2.
The Dp1 I did not use as much at first, I'd always preferred and shot a lot using tele lenses, I enjoy the tele lens for landscapes. But I wanted the dp1 primarily for the 28mm lens for social documentary photography, which is around the fishing industry. I've gotten to appreciate the wider focal length for landscapes as well now and how practical 28mm is to carry around. So if I have all three cameras with me the 2&3 stay in the bag and the 1 goes around the neck.
I say that the Dp1 is my favourite it is undoubted the most useful and practical, for what I am doing at the moment.
If I had to choose the one camera from the three, not sure if I could say either Dp1 or 3 I know I could do without the Dp2 if it was prised from my hands .
I take my hat off too you for being more in touch with what I use the most and it has made me think again, statistically you are correct about posting more Dp3 images.
I deliberately went out the other day with the Dp3 as I'd not used it for a while, it was then I became concious that I was using the Dp1 much more of late.
The summer is approaching and and therefore I can see the Dp3 coming out more often than it has been.

one of those shots that is impossible without a wide lens, where you use the distortion as a part of the composition.

LADDER by Julian .., on Flickr