The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

Malina DZ

Medium-Enough Format

Sunbathing on Sand
1/1250s, f/5.6, iso100

I was quite happy point-n-shooting that sunny midday (89°F/85% humidity) without speedlight overheating issues :cool: - something I can't manage to do with my DSLR for over 40 frames in a row in HHS mode.
In case of the image above, there is enough medium format punch for me, and that's what I recently acquired DP1M for to shoot in the environment with too much ambient light.

PaulO

I recently went to Yellowstone National Park for a week of photography. I usually shoot with my Canon system but decided to shoot all but telephoto shots with my Merrills (1,2,3). I've rediscovered how great these cameras are!

Attachments

PaulO

Visiting Colorado's Mesa Verde National Park. Loads of history on native americans and excavated ruins. This house had 45 small rooms and was built in the 13th century.

Attachments

PaulO

I'm using my DPxMs for all but longer telephoto images. Thinking of selling my Canon gear. Considering a Fujifilm X-T2 and 55-200mm for a longer telephoto. If the Fuji works out, this combination (with a lighter tripod than the RRS) would provide the focal lengths I use and be a lot lighter to carry. (For wide angle shots I've been stitching with the DP1M).
This is the Chaco Culture Unesco World Heritage site in New Mexico. Shot at ISO 800 and processed with DPP mono. (http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/353)

Attachments

Tan

Re: Medium-Enough Format

Sunbathing on Sand
1/1250s, f/5.6, iso100

I was quite happy point-n-shooting that sunny midday (89°F/85% humidity) without speedlight overheating issues :cool: - something I can't manage to do with my DSLR for over 40 frames in a row in HHS mode.
In case of the image above, there is enough medium format punch for me, and that's what I recently acquired DP1M for to shoot in the environment with too much ambient light.
wow.. :bugeyes: so nice sand and skin texture