The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

retow

Picked mine up yesterday. The weather is lousy here. 2 jpeg B&W shots at iso 1600 as I drove home. Nr 3-5 macro mode, f14, iso 100. Nr 4 is a crop from Nr 3.

Last edited:

Malina DZ

What? No circular aperture for DP3M? I'm very surprised.
DP2M with 9 diaphragm blades produces a much better bokeh results.
Thanks for sharing this example, toledo1960

Hulyss Bowman

Bokeh is a subjective and personal thing. The DP3m do have 7 blades, as my Nikkor 85 f1.8 afs-g and guess what ?? If you felt in such marketing ploys ... you fall out of art and photography in general.

I enjoin you to be more moderated in your statements and to experiment before stating such BS, sorry :D And I moderate my words heavily.

I do not understand why you come here, as you did on LuLa, to bash this product.

DP2m and the DP1m are different tools for different works. If you are happy with your A850, stay with it and do not come here to bash something you do not have or tested or understood. We are not on DPreview, we are between epicureans who enjoy fine products and photoart. Going in such polemic is for the nolife no wife geeks.

Hope you understand, without offence.

The workshop (a part).

toledo1960

Nice dbogdan. The realism/immediacy that the Merrill's can capture coupled with artistic flair provides endless possibilities. Can't wait to get out and really shoot with it.

toledo1960

Just to clarify I was not posting it as a critique. As Hulyss stated, let's not turn this place into dpreview ... That gets tiresome real quick.

scho

I have the same viewfinder and I'm waiting for my DP3M to arrive. Curious to know how this setup will work for shooting casual portraits using the viewfinder with face detection enabled.
I tried doing a mirror self portrait test using the optical finder with face detection enabled - seems to work OK w/o using the lcd to check focus.

Hulyss Bowman

I would like to do a perfect central Park portrait of you dear Carl. Much wisdom in this face. You remember me this man who I crossed the road long time ago, close to the lonely mountain :)

Bilbo Baggins