The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

toledo1960

Thanks toledo1960!...I was wondering if it would be worth pursuing the AM2.
Can you give me an example of the max magnification, with and without the Am2?
Also is there any vignette at wider apertures.. and if so, when does it creep in?
Thanks again!
davidbogdan
Sorry for late reply ... indisposed.

I would say max mag is around 30% more. Vignette at 2.8 noticeable, clears up fairly well by f4 if not completely gone. This is based on some test shots of ruler (for mag) and sheet of white paper focused at infinity.... and a pair of old tired eyes.

I have trouble with even lighting in my house and these tests should not be considered exacting results. I would prefer to not post these as this can lead to equipment bashing fodder, if you know what I mean.

I think one needs to consider the aml-2 as just another tool in the chest to help out when needed.
Hope this helps.

Dave

Rich M

Beautiful. Don't see how you can go wrong in Hawaii. What a great place to shoot. So much material to work with.

;)
I agree......but your country is spectacular and ever changing too. I spent 10 days last summer in the area around Torrey, Escalante Staircase, Kodachrome Basin and could have spent months there.

R

iansky

Bit boring. Not sure why that focal length is of much use. It certainly is not the "allrounder" as the link suggests, more of an oddball.
Quentin,

the 50mm has been the accepted standard lens on 35mm for many years and has been the most used by Cartier Bresson and other Magnum afficionados for their street work.

It is a great focal length for general work and I am sure will continue to be so for many years to come.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>the 50mm has been the accepted standard lens on 35mm for many years

Yes, but here we have a 50mm with the FOV of a 75mm on 35mm. This is more a sjort portrait lens.

The Ute

I agree......but your country is spectacular and ever changing too. I spent 10 days last summer in the area around Torrey, Escalante Staircase, Kodachrome Basin and could have spent months there.

R
Thanks. Entirely different subject matter but I agree it has a lot offer.

I've spent years here and am still just scratching the surface, so to speak.

I'm an avid hiker as well so I get to lot's of remote places which is a real bonus.

:D

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Retow: super shots. Very impressive.

LouisB
+1 Although a large portion of these photos can be accredited to the photographer and the subject matter, they show what a great potential this camera has. Unfortunately, I have other urgent priorities right now. I sit on my hands.

retow

I know, I know, enough of the same and enough shallow dof. But this is the most impressive sensor lens combo I ever had the pleasure to use. Turning even mundane subjects into interesting ones. All iso 200, AWB, f4, color accuracy is quite impressive.

Last edited: