The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

Malina DZ

Re: My DP3 Merrill arrived this week.... :)))

There can be a problem, that the output becomes quite addictive and is not always easy to revert back, whatever decent camera's one has. ; )
For me it's not about reverting back to my other decent camera, but a never leaving wishful thinking about a full frame Foveon sensor inside of it and Zeiss/Leica lens possibilities.

adrewdecourcy

Re: My DP3 Merrill arrived this week.... :)))

For me it's not about reverting back to my other decent camera, but a never leaving wishful thinking about a full frame Foveon sensor inside of it and Zeiss/Leica lens possibilities.
I understand. Being that we are at the mercy of the camera makers decisions, lets hope one day soon they wake one morning and find the challenge inspiring and creative enough for them to engage in such a project. Maybe a f35mm size sensor even if not profitable and broke even would raise the companies profile a few more levels if what I believe would become an iconic item, which companies aught not to shy away from, if there is any possibility of such an outcome. Sigma I am sure will have had many thoughts themselves along these lines. .

AlanS

Had a happy accident this afternoon by the river, should have got this.....

But got this instead....

I like both but I bet I'll struggle to replicate it! Not the sort of thing I would do normally but food for thought.

darr

Boy , do I like these Merrills.....:D
Hey Alan,
I enjoy looking at your work very much! Keep it coming, please. :watch:
I too enjoy shooting with my Merrills, but as of late have been tied down with other photographic duties, but I do look forward to returning to my "Three Little Bricks" as soon as I can.

Just wanted to say, "thanks for the eye candy."

Kind regards,
Darr

AlanS

Thank's very much Darr, encouragement is always welcome :) I tend to rotate around my 'Blad+Imacon, Fuji's and the Merrills so action on Getdpi tends to be cyclic! (along with my 4x5 archive activities, not a big fan of scanning).