The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

biglouis

^^^^ OK, I give up trying to get the 'Like' button to respond ^^^

Great stuff Quentin, Foveon, Furtle, Malina, Andrew et al

LouisB

Quentin_Bargate

Oooohh the like button seems to be working now :)

Despite all the odds, I keep coming back to these blasted Merrills. Is there a cure :D ?

darr

Oooohh the like button seems to be working now :)

Despite all the odds, I keep coming back to these blasted Merrills. Is there a cure :D ?
Have you ever tried the SD1? It seems I have stopped using my Merrills since acquiring some great lenses for the SD1. I sold off all my Nikon gear last year then bought the SD1M since I did not have a DSLR in the bag. Glad I did.

Quentin_Bargate

Darlene, I have too many cameras already... :confused: My hope is a MkII Quattro type sensor with the current issues resolved or at least reduced.

But it must be full frame.

If Sigma develop such a camera, I will buy it - as, I expect, will many others.

darr

Darlene, I have too many cameras already... :confused: My hope is a MkII Quattro type sensor with the current issues resolved or at least reduced.

But it must be full frame.

If Sigma develop such a camera, I will buy it - as, I expect, will many others.
I understand Quentin. A full frame Foveon would be a dream come true for so many of us. :)

darr

I am bound to buy the DP0Q when it arrives. I am just a complete sucker.

LouisB
Me too Louis, I am waiting on the DP0Q. I already bought a LVF-1 in anticipation. :grin:
I think it could be the answer to my 20mm lens craving for landscapes.

biglouis

Me too Louis, I am waiting on the DP0Q. I already bought a LVF-1 in anticipation. :grin:
I think it could be the answer to my 20mm lens craving for landscapes.
Now you are committed! I wonder how good the external 21mm viewfinder is? I'm sorta wondering if I could use the 28/21 vf from my Ricoh GR.

LouisB

Hulyss Bowman

Note that Sigma rumours are going to do a comparative test between the DP3M and DP3 Quattro.
I want to play too :)

The best investment a photographer can do : a pair of boots. In this case I recommend you Le Chameau brand with Michelin soles. You can't imagine how much new adventures can bring to you a simple yet comfortable pair of boots.

Beside that here is a snap of the boots, DP3m / ISO640 / f3.5 / no editing.

And some crops :

Can't wait to see Quattro comparison at same settings :p

Quentin_Bargate

I want to play too :)

The best investment a photographer can do : a pair of boots. I
Can't wait to see Quattro comparison at same settings :p
Or some flip flops...I'm off to Cayman next weekend for a week, mostly business but I am sure I will find time for a few rum and cokes, and maybe even a photograph or two ;)