The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

Mark Muse

Picked up a Sigma Merrill Dp3.
Seems like a nice camera so far.
A couple of b&w images using the blue filter to reduce noise at iso 1600 and 3200.
And a color image at iso 200.

iso 1600 f2.8 1/125

iso 3200 f2.8 1/320

Joe, I wanna know exactly what your dp3m is smoking? Tell me about the blue filter, please. Is it an actual blue filter on camera or something in post? These are gorgeous.

Stoneage

Joe, I wanna know exactly what your dp3m is smoking? Tell me about the blue filter, please. Is it an actual blue filter on camera or something in post? These are gorgeous.
Go to SPP monochrom mode and move the color wheel all the way down to 100% blue. Now SPP is taking most of the information from the top layer.
(This is only working properly with Merrill files, Quattro takes no advantage from it)

furtle

Biblical sky over Oxfordshire. I dropped the exposure down in SPP and converted to TIFF and then a bit of noise reduction in Lightroom. That was it. SPP seems to develop files of sky in a very dramatic manner.

adrewdecourcy

Look Julian, don't you know these Sigmas are totally unsuitable for this sort of photography. You simply can't go around making photos that good with such an unsuitable camera. The internets will not allow it :grin:

Excellent!
Kind of you to say so Paul. Like my family, friends and myself, we all leave scars and blotches, have highs and lows, sometimes produce and sometimes do not, most of all, sometimes we all surprise each other with our resilience, fortitude, creativity and tolerances, it allows characters to shine through, sometimes as stars on the worlds stage, unprhttp://forum.getdpi.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.pngedictability is accepted, , what I expect from a camera will never come close or be as enjoyable. I see many of those perceived failings in the Merrill's , which I find very comforting. :D

From my experience, their are many who'd dismiss and trash the above images, but I find myself, not looking for that psychotic state in an attempt in finding perfection, in fact the complete opposite. ;)

Hulyss Bowman

Very nice! Beautiful model
She just said "thank you Tan" and she ask if your Katana is an Hattori Hanzō :)

Fantastic portrait! Skin tone tonality & texture can't leave me indifferent. Where do we see more images from the shoot?
Ty ! Unfortunately not yet it is an ongoing contract but I'll try my best to share some in Nikon section as soon as I can :)

biglouis

From my experience, their are many who'd dismiss and trash the above images, but I find myself, not looking for that psychotic state in an attempt in finding perfection, in fact the complete opposite. ;)
I agree and I put it down to the fact that often people forget it is the content and the photographer that make the image - not the camera.

If a Sigma DPxM or DPQx makes you inspired to take photographs then it has done its job regardless of its technical characteristics.

Just my two cents

LouisB

Rand47

Sigma DP1 & 3M images

A collage of DP 1&3 M images from the Misdion Inn, Riverside, CA, USA

Rand