The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

Hulyss Bowman

They are common Roach, not Rudd, but it is easy to be confused. They taste very good when you fry them (the young). It is not the best fish under the fork but proteins are proteins. I use them to fish Zander.

darr

--
Yup, it was a 30 sec exposure with a ND filter. Tested to see if a Rodenstock ND would shift colors. The only wonky color came from the Foveon response in the darkest shadows. PP for muted split-tone.

biglouis

July 2013, during a visit to the Serre area of the Somme departement. My sister is holding in her hand detritus from the Somme battle area which is still regularly unearthed today. This was from scavenging in a potato field.

Of course, the DP3M is ideal for this kind of close up, imho.

biglouis

Borage. Strange plant. Bends downward so it is difficult to get under the stems. Decided to shoot it from the top.

Half-sized jpeg exported directly from SPP. You can click through to the original file.

Malina DZ

Based on my own DP2M shots, I think I found a weak spot of foveon high detail rendition capability - hair. It's a tough job to resolve hair detail on a pixel level for any sensor out there, including MFD. But it did strike me how easily most of the objects get resolved by foveon, and yet hair may display quite often aliasing artifacts and washed out detail. One of the best samples I saw from foveon sensor showcasing its fine detail resolving power is the one below. Though you can also find areas where the detail gets lost in strands of hair. I'm posting in DP3M thread to get more input from the owners and your opinion on this subject. Do you know of a better camera+lens solution for hair detail photography than DP3M?

Source: http://www.sigma-dp.com/DP3Merrill/samplephoto.html
Photographer: Shinzo Fukui