The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

biglouis

welcome on board;
how do you take panos with other cams? Try it the same way with DP3m, "nodalable" head and all settings "manual" and have fun in the sun.
A friend told me of a technique which I have found works well. Hold the camera in your right hand and put your left index finger under the lens barrel. Then keeping the finger straight and level pivot the camera to the left and right as necessary, even raising of lowering (if you can imagine that) and you get the equivalent results as if you are using a nodal head. Of course the light conditions have to allow hand held shots.

I've tried this and in conjunction with the latest panoramic stitching software - I use Autopano pro - I get good results.

Just my two cents

LouisB

lightnmagic

A friend told me of a technique which I have found works well. Hold the camera in your right hand and put your left index finger under the lens barrel. Then keeping the finger straight and level pivot the camera to the left and right as necessary, even raising of lowering (if you can imagine that) and you get the equivalent results as if you are using a nodal head. Of course the light conditions have to allow hand held shots.

I've tried this and in conjunction with the latest panoramic stitching software - I use Autopano pro - I get good results.

Just my two cents

LouisB

Now those are useful 2 cents one can use

foveon

I still use Fuji S2 for portrait work, if they arent too large, its the easiest way to get real skintones, a shame eg for Nikon