The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Foveon Classic Blue Thread

biglouis

Has any one else with a DP1M or DP2M been processing pictures in SPP with "FOV Classic Blue" as their colour mode?

It reminds me a great deal of Velvia which I have never been able to master as a film emulsion but sometimes I like using this colour mode with my DP2M to create an even more surreal feel to urban landscapes.

If you have any examplese, please post them here.

"Converging Lines"

"Camden Town Bridge"

retow

Classic blue 100% crop. Still amazed about the details these Merrills render.

Last edited:

biglouis

Another example of Foveon Classic Blue - this time a recently unveiled memorial to the British Nay's secretive COPP group who surveyed the Normandy invasion beaches and also guided the landing craft ashore on D-Day. The memorial is on the sea front on Hayling Island, Hampshire. I decided to include the Beach Huts in the background as these are an enduring feature of the Island.

You can read about their fascinating story here.

stevew50

Another example of Foveon Classic Blue - this time a recently unveiled memorial to the British Nay's secretive COPP group who surveyed the Normandy invasion beaches and also guided the landing craft ashore on D-Day. The memorial is on the sea front on Hayling Island, Hampshire. I decided to include the Beach Huts in the background as these are an enduring feature of the Island.

Hey Louis, It looks like and Alien Oblisk plunged to Earth, I keep expecting strange scify music in the background.

I too like the monuments that seem out-of-place until you know the story.

mezzoduomo

Here's one processed in FCB, then I pulled all the blue out, and boosted the red a bit.

DP1 Merrill, ISO 100, f10, 1/100.