The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony Nex-7 w/Sigma lenses vs. the Sigma DP1 & DP2 Merrill - new blog post!

vieri

Hello everybody, I just posted an article ON MY BLOG comparing the Sony Nex-7 equipped with Sigma 19mm & 30mm lenses with the Sigma DP1 & DP2 Merrill, featuring beautiful Venice images.

A teaser: Sigma DP2 Merrill:

vs Nex-7:

You can read all about my findings HERE. Enjoy!

Best,

Vieri

Jim DE

I own both the 7 and DP2m..... with the sigma e mount lenses as well..... IMO it is a apples to oranges comparison. The DP2m is in another league.... no contest 30mm to 30mm

ggibson

Thanks for posting! I always like comparing between Sigma and other camera's interpretations. I really like the images (even the Sony ones :))

V

Vivek

Lovely images, Vieri. :)

One does not have to go read whatever is in that blog. Just those two samples show the difference clearly.

WB on NEX-7 is worth crap, forget about the details/resolution. Nothing wrong with the Sigma lens it is just that camera sucks (I own one! :eek: )!

vieri

I own both the 7 and DP2m..... with the sigma e mount lenses as well..... IMO it is a apples to oranges comparison. The DP2m is in another league.... no contest 30mm to 30mm
IQ-wise, I completely agree. However, the Nex-7 is an all-rounder camera, while the DP2 M is not - it's a gain something here, lose something there situation... :D

Thanks for posting! I always like comparing between Sigma and other camera's interpretations. I really like the images (even the Sony ones :))
Thank you for your nice comments, glad you enjoyed! Indeed the Sony holds its own, is still one of the best interchangeable APS-C cameras out there after all.

Very interesting review. Thank you for posting the link.

LouisB
Thank you Louis! I am happy you enjoyed my little effort :D

Lovely images, Vieri. :)

One does not have to go read whatever is in that blog. Just those two samples show the difference clearly.

WB on NEX-7 is worth crap, forget about the details/resolution. Nothing wrong with the Sigma lens it is just that camera sucks (I own one! :eek: )!
Hello Vivek, thank you for your nice words on my pics :D I wouldn't go as far as rap, to say that the Sony is crap, but I definitely liked the Merrill better (and I sold the Nex-7 afterwards...!)