The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP Merrill color Landscapes

biglouis

I agree with Ute. I have been surprised (astonished, actually) at the detail in 20x30nch prints from single frames, which is about as large as I want to go for personal use.

LouisB

The Ute

Michael, that is a breathtaking landscape.

LouisB
Thank you Louis.That is quite a compliment especially since it comes from another Photographer.

Nothing like validation from your peers.

I am blessed to live in a beautiful area.

The DP is a perfect tool to capture it.

It's a joy to use.

:)

The Ute

Since we're into NP shots at the moment.

Here's one from Zion. Near the Temple of Sinawava for those who have been there.

Last edited:

noimmunity

There are some lovely photos in this thread.

I'm popping in (or coming up for air) to ask a question: have others faced, as have I, a green cast on clouds in daytime skyscape images with any of the DP Merrills?

The Ute

There are some lovely photos in this thread.

I'm popping in (or coming up for air) to ask a question: have others faced, as have I, a green cast on clouds in daytime skyscape images with any of the DP Merrills?
Welcome.

I heard this problem reported by others by I haven't experienced it myself.

As you can see I have posted numerous photos involving clouds. No issues that I am aware of.

A

antoniez

Hi,
This is my first post here. I have the DP1M and the DP3M. I have the green cast with the DP3M. I don't even know how to get rid of it, so it's pretty annoying. Here's an example taken on the New Forest in Hampshire.

The Ute

"Hi,
This is my first post here. I have the DP1M and the DP3M. I have the green cast with the DP3M. I don't even know how to get rid of it, so it's pretty annoying. Here's an example taken on the New Forest in Hampshire"

I've heard it can be removed in Lightroom. I do not use Lightroom so I cannot tell you how.

Perhaps a another kind soul will advise you how.

The Ute

Hi,
This is my first post here. I have the DP1M and the DP3M. I have the green cast with the DP3M. I don't even know how to get rid of it, so it's pretty annoying. Here's an example taken on the New Forest in Hampshire.
Feel free. Perhaps we all can learn something from them.

;)

Last edited:

The Ute

I had the good fortune to be able to photograph an unusal location on a recent trip.

A nice change of pace from my usual Western landscapes.

It's called the "Grounds for Sculpture". A living sculture Garden based on several French Impressionists and others.

Here's one example. The DP2 really shines (as usual).

Last edited:

ggibson

Wonderful images here. I love Yosemite, and seeing lots of the other landscapes here makes me want to travel to those places as well!

The Sigma sensor really shines in nature.