The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP Merrill color Landscapes

The Ute

Landscapes w. color should have their own thread.

I'll kick it off.

Last edited:

Kofronj

Very nice, Ute! I love White Pocket—don't have any with a Merrill (I visited a few years ago), but several with the SD14/SD15. A group of three of us slept under the stars there (early spring), and then were off to South Coyote Butte the next morning. What a fabulous area! It's like Dr. Seuss had his way with rocks.

The Ute

Very nice, Ute! I love White Pocket—don't have any with a Merrill (I visited a few years ago), but several with the SD14/SD15. A group of three of us slept under the stars there (early spring), and then were off to South Coyote Butte the next morning. What a fabulous area! It's like Dr. Seuss had his way with rocks.

Bet you don't love it as much as I do !

I plan on camping out there sometime this Spring.

The scenery and geology are fabulous. One of my absolute favorite spots for photography.

Thanks.

stevew50

Here is one from Yosemite last weekend. Bridleveil falls from across the Merced River.

Another of an old abonded house in Raymond a granite quarry town.

The Ute

Thanks.

I'm surprised more people don't contribute to this thread since Color Landscapes are one of the Merrill's fortes.

stevew50

I would love to get out to the Southwest again, it has been quite a few years, matter of fact, my now 26 year old son, was in a backpack carrier back then, pulling my hair in objection for hiking in Moab.

biglouis

Ute, one to keep the thread ticking over. I think I processed this in Foveon Classic Blue.

Langstone, Hampshire (old).

The Ute

I would love to get out to the Southwest again, it has been quite a few years, matter of fact, my now 26 year old son, was in a backpack carrier back then, pulling my hair in objection for hiking in Moab.

Let me know. I'm told I'm an excellent guide.

:)

stevew50

The reason I'm trying the Merrils is to check the image quality for landscape. I will not be able to carry the weight I used to. 4x5 and panos are going to have to go!

The Ute

The reason I'm trying the Merrils is to check the image quality for landscape. I will not be able to carry the weight I used to. 4x5 and panos are going to have to go!
Not to worry. Used properly the Merrills will deliver.

I have prints as large as 24 x 36 that are sharp corner to corner w. incredible detail.

I love usuing them for Landscape work so far. The other day I bumped into a Pro lugging around a heavy Phase One system.

He wasn't a young guy. I actually felt sorry for him. I tried to turn him onto the Merrill.

You can lead a horse to water but ........

;)