The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP Merrill color Landscapes

pflower

Beautiful place - it's Perast in Montenegro. Yes the two small islands both have monasteries/orthodox churches on them and are only accessible by boat or hardy swimmers of which I am not one.

nice place, are there small islands in the fog?

Future

You have to love this camera's ability to resolve detail.
look at the following crop, picture within a picture scenario.

PS: sorry that the actual quality does not come across here, I have no better way to upload images apart from letting them downsized here.

adsf

Thats what i dont like about the merrills. The images look pretty dull sometimes. Like a layer of dust that is over it and makes it somehow dark looking without any hilights.
I actually like the tonality of the first one but there is no real black in the image. The parts that should be black are grayish an the sky which should be more hilight is somehow way to dark.

darr

Thats what i dont like about the merrills. The images look pretty dull sometimes. Like a layer of dust that is over it and makes it somehow dark looking without any hilights.
I actually like the tonality of the first one but there is no real black in the image. The parts that should be black are grayish an the sky which should be more hilight is somehow way to dark.
I see what you are describing as post-processing taste; contrast adjustments mostly.

raiz1

The Merrils are fantastic cameras at a very reasonable price, I'm puzzled why there's no more people using them.
I'm very satisfied with my DP2M and I'm trying to sort out how many batteries I need to add and how can I charge several at the same time, any suggestions?
Meanwhile, end of the day ...

Pedro Santos

Last edited:

The Ute

The Merrils are fantastic cameras at a very reasonable price, I'm puzzled why there's no more people using them.
I'm very satisfied with my DP2M and I'm trying to sort out how many batteries I need to add and how can I charge several at the same time, any suggestions?
Meanwhile, end of the day ...

Pedro Santos
Conservatively, I usually figure about 75 shots per battery.

I usually just charge up about 3 or 4 the night before.

Get a 2nd charger.

Beautiful shot by the way.

:)

mezzoduomo

I usually just charge up about 3 or 4 the night before.

Get a 2nd charger.

Beautiful shot by the way.
:)
I agree on all counts.

I have a second charger plugged into my car, and I have 3 extra batteries in my bag at all times.

It's just part of the Merrill experience.

Granto

In the field I use an Anker 12000mAh power pack with 3 USB ports where I connect usb chargers. Every time I consume a battery, I load a fresh one in the cam and charge the spent battery in the bag to the Anker. This way, the spent battery is charging while I am shooting away.

Maxpace

I also have an Anker 12000 mAh connected to a custom charger which charges 4 batteries at the same time. As I replace batteries in the camera, I keep popping them in the charger so never run out. The Anker also charges my iPhone at full power simultaneously.

The charger for the batteries was advertised in a thread on this website (contact [email protected]); it works great.

Last edited:

Aquatarkus

I also have an Anker 12000 mAh connected to a custom charger which charges 4 batteries at the same time. As I replace batteries in the camera, I keep popping them in the charger so never run out. The Anker also charges my iPhone at full power simultaneously.

The charger for the batteries was advertised in a thread on this website (contact [email protected]); it works great.
Hi there i use the Anker 13000mAh charger but i use it connected via a usb cable with a type H power plug which is then connected to the Sigma SAC-5 mains adaptor this is then inserted where the Sigma battery would normally go. i then get about 400 to 500 shots from a full charge with my DP3M set up this way, it does mean that you have a cable between the camera and the Anker but it's not really a problem espesially if only using with a tripod .
I also have 3 x Sigma original batteries and 8 of the Wasabi ones, don't believe in running out of power

Regards
Keith W

darr

Hey Graham, great shot!

I hope you get half as much enjoyment with the DPM1 as I have with mine; if so, you'll be a happy camper. When I want as close to MFD quality in the smallest package, I grab my ThinkTank Retro Lens Changer 3 that is loaded with the three "little" DPMs, and head off with hardly a load to carry. :) I do bring along a tripod and a Hoodman Loupe and shoot 90% of my shots like I am shooting a 4x5".

The only thing I wish was different is the software. It would be nice to be able to pp the raw files directly through C1 or LR.

Welcome to the club and I look forward to your mages!

Kind regards,
Darr