Site Sponsors
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1486

Thread: FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Oh, I've always loved dogs! Just didn't have one for a while. I just love having Tasha around!
    My Blog | Music | flickr
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

My Blog | Music | flickr
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

My Blog | Music | flickr
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

One from my office.

I just switched website hosting services and unfortunately lost all my GetDPI image links. I thought I'd try posting from Flickr. I don't use it much but it's probably a better resource for forum pics.

Incidentally, the new site has a "Commute" gallery that, with a few X-Trans exceptions, was shot with the GR: www.johnwolf.net/commute

John

web site | tumblr
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

my angels
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kameleo View Post
    my angels
    ha-ha....what a picture & mood, kameleo !
    thorkil

Post Thanks / Like

I love all of the photos shown here.

Post Thanks / Like

I just jumped onboard and hit the "buy" button on the Ricoh GR. I was debating between the Sigma DP1M and this camera. I already have the Sigma DP2M and DP3M, and wanted to get that 28mm lens. I will try out the Ricoh which seems to be more versatile, though not Foveon sensor. Still, the pictures i've seen here are quite lovely. I will try my first Ricoh and if I love it, I'll keep it. if not, it goes back for the Sigma DP1M. Is there a viewfinder for this camera? Anyone use it to is it a waste of time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

welcome!...for the time being, I only use the GR. The Sigma Foveon sensors make impressive pictures, but some lokes a bit harsh to me. Sometimes I miss my Nikons(just a little D610 could be nice sometimes...but) and to see what you get, but I dont miss the size and the bulk. I might end up with a Sony A7S and a 16-35/4....but actually I reallý dont know(and that electronic viewfinderthing....I don't know...but Barry (and the others) is the expert/s(but he also do spend some hefty time pp...which I woul'nt)...its actually also a bit of a bulk
    (a GR with a more sensitive sensor...and just a little tiny viewfinder...could have been nice...but you can't have it all in this world)(but welcome...and you might not waste your time )
    thorkil

Post Thanks / Like

Lainer, welcome, and no, there is no digital VF for the GR. Of course, many OVF options.

I think one must be open to what this camera is. Besides superb image quality and among the best B&W output available, it invites a go-everywhere, free, spontaneous style of shooting. A reviewer once called it a sketchbook camera, and that's been my experience. Good luck with it and post some pics.

John
    web site | tumblr

Post Thanks / Like

So thorkil, are you GR only now? Sometimes I think I would get along fine that way and the thought of it actually seems very attractive.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes John, it’s only the GR, and the camera at my work as an architect too, but there it would be nice to have a wider option (I always forget to put the 21mm adapter in the pocket) and a higher iso ability too (the A7S+16-35 could do but it doesn't fit in the belt). So I just put it in the belt when I go out, and there it doesn't do much harm if I don't use it (unlike a Nikon, Pentax, Sony A7 etc.). But I should practice a lot more than I do, I only feel at 60% level , but there has been so much work now after some very very "slim" years.
    So 2 Pentax untouched on the shelf, together with a untouched M6 and Hasselblad etc., but Nikon sold (but boy that Nikon D3 was effective, but perhaps too easy and effective (and way too heavy) to catch my deep interest, very peculiar, and full of contradictions, once away you sometimes miss it a lot). If only a M9 could go to 25.000 iso... that could change my mind.... ..and be my definitive love (but lenses etc. are too expensive, and I just want to go out with only one lens)
    Yes, it’s certainly is like a sketchbook, the GR, just for impressions from the "real life", but its also a bit challenging compared with a Nikon "auto-gun"
    Thorkil
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

simply red ))
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Still my 'go to' camera when I want high quality in a tiny package.

Outside The Royal London Hospital, Dawn, December.

-----
    My new book "Whitechapel in 50 BUildings", Flikr Stream, www.louisberk.com
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

biglouis, very impressive!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kameleo View Post
    biglouis, very impressive!
    Kameleo, I meant to comment on the 'angels' photograph. Excellent. So heartwarming. And another good exemplar of what can be achieved when the photographer and camera come together.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    Yes John, it’s only the GR, and the camera at my work as an architect too,
    I once posted a comment about the GR on my Facebook page about how good the camera was compared to many others. My wife saw it and suggested I sell my other kit! But seriously, if I had to dispose of my kit this is the camera I would keep. It is amazing how versatile a fixed lens camera can be.

LouisB
    -----

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I was gonna photo dump here, but thought it'll be too ridiculous! :P

Just got back from a trip to Disney World, I took with me the Sony A7 and A7s and lenses, ended up just using Ricoh GR! It was my first time using it and I have to say I loved it. The quality from this small little camera is impressive, most of the photos here are with one handed operation, since my other hand was on the stroller with my little girl, while my wife was left mostly chasing after my son!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/808881...h/15853024618/

Enjoy!
    Po

Post Thanks / Like

Starting new here (again). The GR is my primary camera.

Wouter Brandsma
    Blog | Instagram | Twitter
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^^ #2 is really special ^^^

Post Thanks / Like

On line for bread, then off to the cafe...

141213_bakeryline_009602
    by Morris Taub Design, on Flickr

141203_coffeerituals2_009332
    by Morris Taub Design, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Wouter Brandsma, stunning shots! share more! ))

Post Thanks / Like

A couple extra photographs.

Wouter Brandsma

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    inspired by your too short shortstory, Maggie….and your concert with Paul McCartney….let me join in with a short shortstory too….
    once upon a time there was this skinny teenager… I guess it was around 1966….he lived between two lakes in the northern sealand, just some miles north of Copenhagen…life was a lot more quit in general, which sometimes could be a relief, not that hefty load of inputs at all…but even though life felt rough for him….but after school he went down to the small one of the two lakes where there was a small boat rental, a middle-aged woman seated in a small boatshed…he emptied all the canoe’s and rowing-boat for water, didn’t get any money….but most of all there was this quit atmosphere over the lake looking out on the island in the middle of the lake…and he was allowed to take whatever he wanted for at boat or canoe..there was this marble of a Norwegian row-boat with lifted nose..he almost didn’t dare to touch it, it must belong to one of the rich people somewhere…but it seemed to fly above the surface and was a great joy to row, and it could turn around just like a fingersnap…and the canoes..he could paddle faster through the lake than to of his mates together in another canoe…

but…he almost didn’t listen to any music, primarily the nature was calling and was calming his mind, but his mother was listening to this new band called Beatles…but nothing moved around in his impatiently and unstable mind of his by that sort of music…

then one day he was laying alone on a small beach by the bigger lake…there was a girl several yards away with such a sophisticated thing called a transisterradio…able to scratch some sort of music out in the quivering air…and then some music turned out…”under the board-walk” and the speaker announced…and this was performed by the rolling stones….his world, by one stoke, turned upside down…he had to listen….”tell me” etc. …it hit him hard in the stomach and in the mind…it was a cry from outside his world from other people who somehow was in the same unstable state of mind…and it just felt good…he could relax when he listened…it filled him with energy…and a joyful feeling of not being alone in the world

In 71 stones was giving concert In Copenhagen along with the new member Mick Taylor, warming up band was Buddy Guy for almost 2 hours. After the concert he and some mates went to one of the parks in central Copenhagen to try to sleap in one of the bigger trees. But hanging down from the branches like some panters wasn’t an easy way the get a nap…so when the sun got up he walked to the coastline, hitch-hiked and out of the mist came an old Bedford-truck loaded with coal, a fat small dirty grinning man by the wheel and a wooden box with smoked herrings at the bench, I pushed the herrings aside…and what a nice ride home

I have never been at festival all my life, can’t stand the crowd of people all that non-stop drinking and foremost no places your body and eyes can find peace and rest…

..but this summer Roskilde Festival announced Stones…and while they somehow sometimes have changed circumstances in my life and reloaded my emptied energy when doing booring work, feeling drained in life etc. I sort of owe them…so I had to, as one of the first ones…

so half an hour before concert time I turned up the, and meet Nikolaj my son, at the memorial place for 9 people who died under a Pearl Jam concert several years ago….

but mind you the concert turned out to be sparkling, and even Mick Jagger who is a control-freak were laughing from joy when the 2˝ hours concert turned out to be a relaxed and well played rehearsal og some of their best number

..and Mick Tayler was revisiting (try to listen to “Love in vain” from “Get your ya yas out”, and turn it up, and you will know what I mean)…
    so music can save mind and lifes…
    thorkil

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Brandsma View Post
    ...this one might have served as a better front cover for Pink Floyds Atom heart Mother..
    thorkil

Post Thanks / Like

When using a particular camera on a daily basis you start using it subconsiousnessly, or at least that is the case with me.

Wouter Brandsma

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

..finally winter came along just throwing a thin overcoate upon us for just a couple of days

..in 1807 two English soldiers stole all their regiments money just before the regiment started a severe 3-days fire bombardment of the inner civil city of Copenhagen. But the regiment didn't find the escaped soldiers nor the treasure. When the last of the two soldiers was about to die back in England, he confessed to a priest exactly where they had buried the treasure, under this 400 years old oak. The message went to Denmark through the foreign department...they was digging and digging but never found the treasure. But the tree itself caught new life from all that refeshing oxygen around the roots...
    So if you want to give it a try.... (but I guess you'll have to ask the queen at first)
    thorkil
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Been outside for the first time in a few days. It is damn cold.

-----

Post Thanks / Like

All photographs are part of my photo a day project.

Wouter Brandsma

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

wonderfull texture and twisted punch, wouter, specially the last two (although the stone-surface is also "prickling")!
    thorkil

Post Thanks / Like

Wouter, I really enjoyed this series. I don't shoot much color, but if I did, this is the look I would aspire to. Love the boldness and composition, and admire your skill with the GR.

John

Starting new here (again). The GR is my primary camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you John and Thorkill. Since stopping with slide film this is my first year that I mostly shoot color now after many years of photographing black & white.

Wouter Brandsma

Post Thanks / Like

Wouter, more very nic pics. I especially like 2 and 3.

I try a color project once a year or so, thinking I'm going to make a serious move in that direction. But it never lasts long and I'm back to BW. Maybe some day...

Post Thanks / Like

Earlier this year I decided to do a color project too John. It happened to be my photo a day project though.
    Wouter Brandsma

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

..sadly..yesterday evening the snow had gone..

..and a happy new year to all the GR-owners (and the others too)..and just a humble wish, may the pictures keep floating.. and perhaps in an increased amount
    thorkil

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really care about the camera anymore (which I think is a good thing for photography), so rather focus on the photographs instead. Best wishes for the new year too.

Wouter Brandsma

Post Thanks / Like

Bad Graffitti in Camden Town.

-----

Post Thanks / Like

Earlier this year I decided to do a color project too John. It happened to be my photo a day project though.
    I signed up for your blog and will follow along.

Really nice, everyone!. Wouter, an especially big wow! on your last one.

I really need to get out at night more. Great to see this thread energized.

Post Thanks / Like

At last night's New Year's Eve dinner. -John

web site | tumblr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    I signed up for your blog and will follow along.

Really nice, everyone!. Wouter, an especially big wow! on your last one.

I really need to get out at night more. Great to see this thread energized.
    Thank you John.

Wouter Brandsma

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

..specially like this, the silent mood-mixture between Venice and Paris, but I guess it is Amsterdam?
    thorkil

Post Thanks / Like

A wrong guess Thorkill, it is Utrecht with it's unique wharfs that you don't find along the Amsterdam canals. When I made the photograph I actually thought of Paris too.
    Wouter Brandsma

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

....unfortunatly I have only been in Nederland's once when I was 19 (and that is some days ago..) and instead of walking streets and channels I was studying the original etchings of Rembrandt, and was by accident invited for Christmas too(Santa Claus)...yes it looks very special with these affairs/stocks by the channels, there is also somehow some old London "working-class"-quarter-mood in it ...
    thorkil

Post Thanks / Like

web site | tumblr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    ....unfortunatly I have only been in Nederland's once when I was 19 (and that is some days ago..) and instead of walking streets and channels I was studying the original etchings of Rembrandt, and was by accident invited for Christmas too(Santa Claus)...yes it looks very special with these affairs/stocks by the channels, there is also somehow some old London "working-class"-quarter-mood in it ...
    thorkil
    Studying the Rembrandt's etchings? Wow, no matter how good a painter he was, I most certainly prefer his etchings.

Wouter Brandsma

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Studying the Rembrandt's etchings? Wow, no matter how good a painter he was, I most certainly prefer his etchings.
    Yes they are rather special, sort of more free. Sat down in a study-room at the Rijksmuseum a whole week. 10 tables I think, with a strickt lady sitting at her desk with front at me, and all his original etchings was brought to me at a rolling table.
    I could take all the time I wanted
    thorkil

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    .. delicate, John.
    Thorkil

Post Thanks / Like

Just acquired a GR and still getting used to it.

Anticipation 3 by Segedi, on Flickr
    Segedi.com

flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, Kevin. I know you'll love it. The BW output, in particular, is some of the best available. And the features and handling invite a wonderful spontaneiity. Look forward to your pictures.

John