The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

raist3d

woodmancy - I am not sure I quite like the composition entirely but what catches my attention is the "painted yet natural" HDR treatment which doesn't seem overdone.

Not overdone HDR In my book it's pretty hard to do. In my book 95%+ of the HDR shots out there automatically s*ck for being a bad HDR attempt but this treatment avoids that.

- Ricardo

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
woodmancy - I am not sure I quite like the composition entirely but what catches my attention is the "painted yet natural" HDR treatment which doesn't seem overdone.

Not overdone HDR In my book it's pretty hard to do. In my book 95%+ of the HDR shots out there automatically s*ck for being a bad HDR attempt but this treatment avoids that.

- Ricardo
Ricardo, it is not HDR. Raw file processed with the "normal" Lightroom sliders. I think what you see is the effect of no AA filter on the sensor which pumps up the micro detail.

Keith

raist3d

Ricardo, it is not HDR. Raw file processed with the "normal" Lightroom sliders. I think what you see is the effect of no AA filter on the sensor which pumps up the micro detail.

Keith
Ok, let me be more specific - it may not be an HDR bracketed capture, but it is processed looking as if it was HDR in some ways, if that makes any sense :)

No, it's not the lack of AA. That does something else.

- Ricardo

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Ricardo - I think it is my heavy use of "clarity" and "sharpness" in Lightroom. I just processed this one which was taken on the same occasion. It has the same feel.

Keith

J

JohnW

Yeah, the LR clarity slider was my first thought when I saw the prior post. It's easy to overdo it. Once the effect becomes obvious and unnatural, it's too much for my taste. These both seem excessive to me. But I appreciate that everyone has their own threshold.

John

raist3d

There is something very "grotesque" along with a strong set of lines/composition about this shot. I could imagine flipping through a catalog of the history of a town that had a vampire legend or something and see this shot :)

Thorkil

:)...a street lamp threw this little ghostly glow and shadows, through the braided branch fence..but apart from that it's actually a very pleasant and harmonious old house with a thatched roof and friendly dimensions
thorkil

biglouis

This caught my eye as I was strolling through the 'hood the other day: public information announcement.

raist3d

Shot taken a couple of hours ago. She was with her husband and a friend in the window of a bar, and I took a deep breath and asked her if I could photograph her, and they were all pretty cool about it.

It was very overcast today, the light was beautiful.

The shot also works in B&W and I am somewhat undecided which one is best, but figured the color one shows her eyes and lips.

- Ricardo