The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

roanjoh

A few more to share. So far my experience with this camera has been amazing! AF is not as fast as m4/3 but it is fast enough. The weight/image quality combo is what makes this camera a winner for me. Lens is sharp even wide open. No negatives to report as of now :)

jtwloh

Hi Thorkil, thanks for posting some cropped sample. The enlarged sensor is showing its magic and performance. And I really like how the background is rendered in the macro shots. Impressive so far.

kuujinbo

Two OOC jpegs with in-camera "High Contrast B&W" effect:

Minor WB (warmer) and tonal (LR white/black/shadow/contrast) PP:

roanjoh

MORE! These are from the Gay Pride Parade in NYC (2013)

Impressions: I am even more impressed with this camera. I still can't get over the weight and quality you get from this little gem. AF during the parade was snappy. I used SPOT FOCUS the whole day and not one mis-focus - pretty amazing! (But then I was also stuck on f4). In any case - I am loving this camera more and more. Truly one of the classics in my book.

Whole set appears here:

Gay Pride NYC 2013 - a set on Flickr

Martin S

Problems converting RAW to tiff?

I have used a number of RAW converter programs to convert the RAW images (dng format) to tiff (including the enclosed Silkypix Program) and have had a variety of error messages indicating that the tiff file could not be saved. What is the problem, the dng file seems to be read OK is just the conversion to tiff, or jpeg formats that seems to be the problem. Help!!

Martin

kuujinbo

Re: Problems converting RAW to tiff?

I have used a number of RAW converter programs to convert the RAW images (dng format) to tiff (including the enclosed Silkypix Program) and have had a variety of error messages indicating that the tiff file could not be saved. What is the problem, the dng file seems to be read OK is just the conversion to tiff, or jpeg formats that seems to be the problem. Help!!

Martin
Haven't tried Silkypix, but Alien Skin Exposure 4 converts the dng RAW files to tiff without problem...