The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

jonoslack

Nice set of shots, Jono! Welcome to the club!
Thank You Maggie
we seem to follow each other around!

Here are a couple from this evening - I'm seriously impressed with the lens (I always loved Pentax / Ricoh operation, so that's no surprise). It's sharp right up to the corners, has a nice bokeh and also seems to have some character.

I couldn't decide whether I liked the colour or the black and white better here . . . . despite grumpy reports about the colour in the DNG files, I've found it to be excellent in Aperture - really nice and natural (which of course means 'natural to me' :))

All the best

Thorkil

Thank you Thorkil
I think we'll be friends - I like 28mm, and the IQ looks really good. Not so sure about the case with it's pull off top!
I've sold my Fuji X20 and the RX100 to fund it - so it had better be good!

all the best
Jono, You already seems to, be getting well along together, hand in hand.
And for the first time in a long run, for my part, this afternoon, I felt the calling from the camera, just to do some simple silly let-the-camera-do-the talking-silly-Jpeg's....just to explore the family-relations with the splendid IV.
And "Dyrehaven" was calling too, and the late afternoon, bright sunshine and a comfort temperature at only 22Celsius, the air was soft and gentle in the face, and one couldn't help a soft smile between the ears....so it was about getting primitive once again, I could hear the GR grumble.
Thorkil

Thorkil

TAv groundsettings: 1/4000, f/16 (=25.600 iso). Snapdistance 2.5m. When hitting the 25.600 iso-barrier its turning speed down.
JPEGS and no PP whatsoever, just the way the camera felt to do it.

Thorkil

jonoslack

Weather- sealed . . oh no - not at all.
A small splash of coffee on the top plate immediately arrived in the battery compartment.
It'll be drying for the rest of the week, then who knows what happens.

:facesmack: :bugeyes: :cry:

jonoslack

OH NO! That's awful, Jono!

I'll send drying-out vibes your way, along with best wishes.
Well, the advantages of no sealing, is that it'll dry out quick as well. I drove 30 miles today with the roof down, and held the camera so that it had 70mph wind up it's battery compartment. This seems to have done the trick - the front dial is slightly idiosyncratic, but I think it's settling down, everything else appears to be working properly.

However - take care - it's obvious that there isn't any kind of protection - just try blowing into the front dial gap - the air comes out easily and everywhere - keep this camera away from water!:lecture:

Maggie O

Ohhhh, I like that one, Jono! Glad to hear it's working again. I think you can reset the level in the menu someplace.