The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

kuujinbo

Tim said:
Is this some kind of game? I have not seen these cards before.
Very nice tonality
It's a card game called hanafuda. Not common anymore, except in Hawaii (we were visiting family there) and Korea. Didn't know until I checked the Wikipedia page referenced above, but Nintendo got it's start manufacturing the cards.

Thank you for the nice comment. :)

Thorkil

John, allow me not to aggre :)...while there is some modest and pleasant dignity about Marie thatI like, and where the contrast perhaps also contribute to this aura
best
thorkil

J

JohnW

John, allow me not to aggre :)...while there is some modest and pleasant dignity about Marie thatI like, and where the contrast perhaps also contribute to this aura
best
thorkil
I've been waiting for your counter view.:) Again, just sharing my perspective, knowing this all comes down to aesthetic preference and how we each express ourselves. Certainly not dissing your or Maggie's choices. I'm all for aura.

John

Thorkil

I've been waiting for your counter view.:) Again, just sharing my perspective, knowing this all comes down to aesthetic preference and how we each express ourselves. Certainly not dissing your or Maggie's choices. I'm all for aura.

John
:), ha ha.....for my part its a period where its rolling with the hard contrasts, even thought its too hard sometimes, but the soft tones in the GR seems to be able to be very subtle too, look at Maggi´s #134
thorkil
(and maybe I´ll come to that later on. Specially when I was younger the soft soft tones could feel like dreaming paintings)

J

JohnW

Yes, 134 is about my taste and nicely illustrates the GR's capabilities. Seems a shame to toss all those luscious grays unless, of course, a subject really warrants it. But I'm in the upscale burbs and don't encounter much grit. And even if I did I'd probably be inclined to try to beautify it. I appreciate Moriyama's Shinjuku work, but have no desire to go there or experience that. The older I get the more positive I'd like to be.

John

ludlt

Your image is somewhat perplexing.

The far background to the left seem to be a photo gallery. The near background on the right looks like photo frames for sale.

What is Marie viewing. Could it be Daniel's portfolio.

Thorkil

Yes, 134 is about my taste and nicely illustrates the GR's capabilities. Seems a shame to toss all those luscious grays unless, of course, a subject really warrants it. But I'm in the upscale burbs and don't encounter much grit. And even if I did I'd probably be inclined to try to beautify it. I appreciate Moriyama's Shinjuku work, but have no desire to go there or experience that. The older I get the more positive I'd like to be.

John
The human nature and mind is devided in several layers. And even thought our romantic part are longing for the outmost beauty f.eks. in the beautiful landscape Pictures other parts of our mind is meanwhile getting thirsty after perhaps the opposite, no Picture will fullfil all parts of our mind at the same time...but we try to fill the gaps..:)
thorkil

Maggie O

Some images, to my eye, look better with the more graphic high contrast, where others really demand a more subtle and nuanced tonal range. I call 'em as I see 'em, with each photo.

The photo with Daniel was shot at Marie's gallery/frame shop, so you get the gallery part in one corner and the frame wall in the other. We were all looking at one of Daniel's sketchbooks, which were amazing.