The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Thorkil

Now I can, not too contrasty, nice, specially like the social-wisdom glance from the wheelchair-man
Thorkil

J

JohnW

Give me time. I'm taking it slow and looking for suitable subjects.

I don't usually ask to take photos on the street, but I stopped and chatted with this guy. He's a street harmonica player who sits in the sun at the opening of a tunnel under Chicago's Lake Shore Drive, using the tunnel as his amplifier. It sounds amazing. I tipped. We talked. Before 9/11, he said, he could make $400 on a Saturday. Now he's lucky if he breaks 50. "That changed people," he said. "Made us all suspicious."

John

Last edited:

Thorkil

no pressure..!...and no promises :)
Yes times has chanced, a strange sort of combination of going in mental shelters and being more selfish at the same time...we all might need to reinvent some sort of "sense of community" and social empathy if we want to get our different societys around the World back on track...
..hope to get out of my shelter this weekend too..
thorkil
PS..my litle story from the #130 Picture was, that he stopped and asked for an adress, while he was going to meet his polical spin-doctor, while he was going to run for the municipal election in Copenhagen for the love- and anarchy-party (..!) at the 19. of november this year. :)

J

JohnW

I don't know about this, but I said I would give it a try. It feels a little forced and pretentious. I admit, though, that it has a story and suggestiveness that likely would not be there in a straight treatment. I like that.

John

Thorkil

Oh Lord, tell me it's not truth.....it's closed....hopefully only for today...I would have shown you this little marvel of a shelter…

now I'm going to overload you..please let me take you by your hand just for a tiny walk in my beloved Copenhagen..while I ask for forgivenes...
Theres a blues-festival in town...and Nyhavn is filled with people...lets hurry through..

No thank you, your pancakes looks wonderful but I have to preserve the figure..

but thanks heaven, this place is open, but way too crowded
(Every sort of trading buisines and carrying groceries by the main stair is forbidden…it says)

so people had to smoke and drink their beers outside...

thorkil

Last edited:

Thorkil

...so, then out on The street Again, hurry up.....well, well....couldn't help a hasty way-under-hip shot....for those boots were...walking....passing by, don't look back...

just on the left..around the corner.....shelter in almost total darkness...

eyecontact....she's coming

Yes, please...well can I just do without a beer?...just a cup of coffe?..she looked strickt...oh, make it two, no not at once, but later...hhmmm, she looked like..

just sad down and enjoyed the colours of the darkness, it was sort of.. precious...very relaxing...just some few minutes of mental wellness and relief

and this last one, I just have to show you, just because the feeling of a little painting, colours of the darknes..

now my bed is calling...and I will let your hands Loose...and sleep well when it suits you..

thorkil