The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

raist3d

@Thorkill- I have been also given the high contrast B&W a spin. It sure makes for some interesting tonality in the right light.

- Ricardo

raist3d

Night Chandelier

Tall and short 1

Tall and short 2

Time, passage of

2 guys and 3 girls

--
Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

J

JohnW

I've not been shooting much with the GR as I learn the X-Pro1 I got recently. Nice to see you all are keeping this wonderful thread alive.

I hope to get to where I can use the two together -- GR with 28 and X Pro with 50 FOV. Their B&W output is very similar and both among the best I've seen.

A couple GR shots from the new daily commute.

John

raist3d

@Kameleo- really like the color treatment you did on the cars. I also think it works better together as the photos- as you presented them.

@JohnW- I really like that first shot there... it looks like a huge mechanical monster and you are watching it over a wall.

raist3d

Kameleo- that looks "very sci fi" :) I think I would have preferred if the guy in the shot (you?) was completely dark.

Thorkil

..some Words from Ming Thein today:

"Ricoh GR Digital V
Still just as enamoured of this little powerhouse as I was at the start. Has one of the highest pixel quality levels of any camera, and certainly the highest of all the APS-C cameras – thanks to a combination of its outstanding lens and AA-free sensor. It always goes with me wherever I go, and never disappoints. Despite fairly heavy use – up to 400 images a day – I never ran out of juice. The battery indicator never ran down by a single bar, either…"

thorkil

biglouis

"Ricoh GR Digital V
Still just as enamoured of this little powerhouse as I was at the start. Has one of the highest pixel quality levels of any camera, and certainly the highest of all the APS-C cameras – thanks to a combination of its outstanding lens and AA-free sensor. It always goes with me wherever I go, and never disappoints. Despite fairly heavy use – up to 400 images a day – I never ran out of juice. The battery indicator never ran down by a single bar, either…"

thorkil
... totally agree with him. I rarely leave home without it.

LouisB

J

JohnW

"Ricoh GR Digital V

thorkil
Or like Sean Read writes, something to the effect that "I don't understand why every serious photographer is not shooting with one of these." I still can't get over what a marvel it is.

Ming doesn't mention the CCD sensor, which I think has a lot to do with it. Not many of those left today, but our little GRs are in good company, with the M9 and Monochrom.

John